A relative of mine just heard that she suffers from follicular lymphoma. My mom says that she will probably not have much longer to live, though she will be starting treatment soon. Do any of you know anything about follicular lymphoma? What are the figures on life expectancy for follicular lymphoma?

Hi there,

If I am not mistaking here I think that Follicular lymphoma is the most common of the indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. I think that there are several grades of this tumor. Do you know that grade is your relative’s tumor? The problem is that there is no consensus when it comes to treatment so the treatment on its self is than problematic. I think that people can survive up to ten years with this tumor, but this is all from individual to individual. He has to treat this any way he can so he needs to talk to his doctor about finding the best solution for him. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,

Danella

I too was just diagnosed but don't go to oncologist until next week The diagnosis is low grade B-cell . B-cell population detected with Kappa chain restriction CD10. What can you tell me?

I was diagnosed with stage 4 Follicular Lymphoma in 1997. Have had several treatments but still going strong.