I have very strong pain due to my broken leg. I dont know what to do. I am spending a lot of time in the bed resting, but it does not help. I am seven month pregnant. I have been wondering is there any possibility that I can use Codeine. It works wonders for me, but I am afraid for the baby.

And you should be! Such strong painkiller is not advisable to test in pregnancy except in the situations where benefit outweighs potential danger. Since you are in last trimester it is very risky taking it because it can depress babys respiration and also lead to withdrawal effects in baby after the birth. Talk with doctor and try something else.

Codeine, like Heroin - when metabolized by the body, turns to Morphine. You wouldn't think of taking Heroin during pregnancy I'm sure, but in effect you would be not far off. Studies have shown that this metabolized Morphine also finds it's way into breast milk, where very small amounts of it can overdose a 12lb baby

I can say, I have a doctor, a real one, he has prescribed it when you're in severe pain. Abuse of drugs would be an issue as to cause dependency on the babies end. I would speak with your doctor and I would take HIS advice:)