My mom has breast cancer. She is on therapy already prescribed by her doctor. Anyway, I was hoping that someone here can tell me about possible benefits of CoQ10 in cancer treatment. I need to help you with anything there is. She suffers very much. Thank you!

Coenzyme Q10 is used by our bodies to produce energy and it acts as an antioxidant protecting us from free radical damage. Some studies suggested that Coenzyme Q10 stimulates the immune system and studies showed that cancer patients have lower levels of Coenzyme Q10. The study was done by investigating the efficacy of CoQ10 as an adjunct therapy for breast cancer patients. The results showed that all patients in the trial reported that they used fewer painkillers and did not lose weight during cancer treatment and few of them showed signs of remission i.e. tumor regression. Beside this, it is difficult to draw a definite conclusion from this trial on the benefits of CoQ10 in cancer treatment.