what natural remedies, i.e. food- herbs, will help romote healthy kidney function?

Two studies reported in the Journal of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (2000, 2003) showed that daily oral dose of 180mg CoQ10 resulted in improvement in kidney function in patients with severe chronic kidney disease. A significant number of patients who were on CoQ10 had improved so much that they no longer needed to undergo dialysis, whereas none in the placebo group did so.
In the Fall of 2004, I was diagnosed with renal insufficiency. My kidney was functioning at 70% normal. Two subsequent tests conducted within a 6-month period yielded similar results. Beginning in the summer of 2005, I started taking 200mg CoQ10 a day. A follow-up 24h urine test conducted in January, 2006 showed that my kidney function had returned to normal. I had my kidney function checked once a year since then, and it was normal.
From what I had googled, CoQ10 can be taken safely at dosages much higher than 200mg a day. Perhaps these will produce even more dramatic results.

This is a reply to HoseClamps posting of 9/08 regarding his/her taking Coenzyme Q10 to improve kidney health. I've been researching this and have been taking 60mg of CoQ10 3x day. I'd just like to talk about how you administered the CoQ10 and a couple of other things, so that I can tweek my regimen to be more effective. Thanks, and I hope to hear from you.

Shelley

Hi shelley1964,

I took my 200mg CoQ10 gelcap once a day together with 3g of fish oil to enhance absorption. I chose the 200mg gelcap instead of 3 x 60mg because I got a better deal price-wise with the higher dosage. I have also started taking resveratrol supplement recently and I have noticed my waistline had shrunk without me trying too hard at the gym. I don't know if this is a placebo effect or it it is for real. People also told me that I had looked younger.

This is a question for Hoseclamps. What particular brands of CoQ10 and fish oil did you use? Thanks.