I heard that one could improve his workout by taking coffeine. If you train with more energy and put out more effort, your workouts will be more productive. I have not been drinking coffee so far but I can take coffeine pills if necessary. When is the good time to take coffeine, before or after workout?

The best time to take caffeine is – never! There is no good side of caffeine. This is just propaganda from the coffee trading companies who want sell as much coffee as they can to you. There is no “energy” in caffeine. It just over stimulates your nervous system so it masks your natural warning signs of fatigue. Therefore, you don’t feel tired easily and train longer. However, after some time there is pay off you cannot avoid. You feel down and out and have no energy at all. Then you have to take another dose of caffeine to be normal again. And so on. You haven’t been drinking coffee so far. Good for you. Do not start now. You have been smart so far. Don’t go crazy now.

You are right, there really is no need for caffeine in anyone's system, however, we all have likes and dislikes. If you are drinking caffeine products for your enjoyment, then go ahead, but again everything in moderation. If on the other hand you are consuming these products for their effects, then that is just wrong. Caffeine does have some very bad side effects, both long term and short term, so it is really important to limit your consumption.
Remember- in terms of running, caffeine will lead to dehydration---which is one thing a runner does not need.

caffeine addiction can be hard to get over.. So it is much better to avoid it .

I wouldn't take caffeine at all, but if I must choose I would take it before training.