I have a brother who likes to pull stunts on his bike. He is always trying to find something new. He is constantly teasing me that I cannot “even ride bike no-handed”. He has been doing it for a long time. He also managed to stand on the saddle during the ride and sit down without falling off. I like to ride a bike but the old fashioned way, with hands. I like to sprint, ride uphill and also long races. What do you think about riding no-handed? Yes or no?

Well despite the fact that your brother can do all those things the only useful place for his skills is circus. So unless you are planning to join the circus I would advise you against riding no-handed. If the manufacturers intended you to ride the bike without hands they wouldn’t have designed the handlebar in the first place! There was a guy who kept bragging about his riding skills. So during the first lap he shouts: “Look, I am riding it without one hand!” The next lap he shouts:” Look I am riding without both hands!” The third lap he whispers: “…I am riding without my teeth!” Unless you want to end up like him, I suggest you keep your hands at the handlebar.