Hello! I am 36 years old and I am not a tennis player, but nevertheless I suffer from the “tennis elbow” syndrome or Lateral epicondilitys. I wake up in the morning with pain and stiffness in my right arm. I have difficulty lifting things with my palm down or even pouring myself a glass of milk. I am quite aware that my condition is not serious, but I am not sure how I came to have it. Yet that is secondary to what is really important: What are the ways to deal with the Lateral epicondilitys?

Hi! It really doesn’t matter that you don’t play tennis, “tennis elbow’ is just a term used because the tennis players have this condition more often than other people do. Nevertheless the most important factor that triggers the lateral epicondylosis is age. Almost all people have it in between their 30th and 60th birthday; it comes and usually disappears in one year never to come back again. No one really knows the reason why. The treatment is quite simple: you should rest, try not to use that hand and you can take ibruphen for the pain and inflammation.

I agree wit everything already said except with the statement that treatment is simple. I have also had this problem and the pain was so persistent that not only did I take ibruphen and aspirin but I also had to use the heated patches, wear a tennis elbow strap and go to the soft tissue massages. I even tried the ultrasound therapy and acupuncture. I think that acupuncture combined with the laser therapy which I also tried, gave the best results and finally lead to my total recovery after almost 9 months of pain.