I don’t like to say that I am senior citizen. I prefer the term “golden age”. But whatever term we use it is still the matter of age. I am pretty fit and swim a lot. My friends and peers keep telling me that my strength and endurance are probably too low and that I am next to wreck by now. I don’t feel that way and think that there are many races yet to swim. What do you think about swimming slowdown with ages?

You are right. There are many races ahead of you. If you are in good health (I assume that you have checked it with your doctor) there is no reason why shouldn’t you swim and even compete. There are senior leagues where many people swim and compete. Provided that everything else is OK you can train with almost same intensity as before but have to give yourself more time to rest and recuperate. As we age our ability to recover from an intense workout decreases. So you just have to incorporate longer rest periods between intense workouts.