I have a healthy heart. Yet I keep getting advices to obtain HeartRate monitor all the time. I can’t understand why. After all my heart is in perfect condition. I checked it with my doctor. What is this thing with the HeartRate monitors? Are they really necessary? If so, why?

Heart Rate monitors don’t have much to do with your health status. They are here for different reasons. To be honest, there are people who have certain heart conditions and who shouldn’t exceed certain heart beat rate. So they are carrying these devices to keep monitor their heart beats. But the rest of the guys have bought them to keep their effort on a certain level. One way to determine and maintain desired level of intensity is to monitor your heart rate. When you reach the desired level then you adjust your pace in order to keep your heart beat in that “zone”. These “zones” are thought to be the best for say, burning fat or getting cardio benefits.