I have a “beer belly”. My wife is teasing me and so do my friends. Sedentary lifestyle and too many beers did their part. I want to lose fat, especially my beer belly. What do you think about shaping stomach by swimming? Can I lose my belly by swimming? I don’t want to get smaller anywhere except in the stomach region.

Well, to your disappointment there is no such thing as spot fat reduction. This is the most common fallacy and billions of dollars are spent every year by gullible people who are lured by unscrupulous companies that sell products that supposedly reduce fat only in the designated area. Except for the liposuction, such thing hasn’t been found yet. You should concentrate on exercise and reduce your calorie intake. You will certainly lose fat. But if will happen on all areas including your belly. But it won’t happen on belly alone.