Do you think that raynaud's disease could be effectively treated with niacin for that is what I recently was prescribed? I am diagnosed with raynaud's disease for years now and all this time I was dealing with it well but over the age it seems like I am developing some more severe hands and feet swelling due to my ranauds condition and until recently I was taking alpha blockers as well as calcium channel blockers but lately they weren't of much help so my doc prescribed me niacin. That is why I am asking for some further explanation regarding the raynaud's niacin treatment and how it would help me?

Niacin is actually vitamin B-3 that is believed to be very effective in treating many other diseases such as arthritis but also is well in treating diabetes, depression and even conditions affecting circulation such as raynaud's disease. In fact niacin works like a natural supplement decreasing cholesterol levels and therefore relaxing blood vessels which is of essential help in patients with raynaud's disease making their blood vessels-veins and arteries –diluted so the blood flow to the skin and therefore to your hands and feet is much more effective. Anyway I am also taking niacin supplements and I have noticed my condition improved very much ever since I have started taking them and in general niacin is perfect for patients whose raynaud's condition resulted in overreaction of their blood vessels to cold temperature which is my case also.

how much do you take and is it the no flushing type ?

How many mg of niacin is necessary?