Hi, I have a question about the rash that appears on my face. This is a painless rash and mostly my nose is affected by it. Besides its unpleasant look, I don't have any other symptoms, so I don't know if I should see a doctor. Can you recommend me some cure for my nose rash?

Hi, there are few things that might have caused the rash on your nose. One of these conditions is called rosacea. It causes the inflammation of the face skin that is seen as the rash. The cause of rosacea is unknown, but people with pale skin are more prone to it. If this rash gets stronger when you are exposed to sunlight or strong wind, than you might have rosacea. The other condition is called lupus. This is an autoimmune disease in which your own tissue is recognized as a threat, so the immune system reacts against it. This is what causes the inflammation. The rash that develops in lupus is also known as a butterfly rash, because of its shape. The butterfly rash is also painless condition. However, this rash can be a symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE. This is a very serious condition that can influence your heart, lungs, kidneys, nervous system and joints. So even though your rash is not causing any serious problems, except the esthetic once, you should go to see your doctor right away. Both rosacea and SLE can have serious consequences and the doctor will perform the necessary tests to determine the cause of your rash and the right course of treatment.