Users comments and reviews on article Ear Piercing by infants: Pros and cons by MariAnne

This article is really badly written. The grammar and syntax are atrocious and the wording is redundant and pedantic. If you are going to post articles on a health oriented website, you should at least make sure that your writing skills are above that of a high school freshman.

This is a GREAT site. It really helped me understand that piercing baby's ears is bad!

I'm not sure if I understand the negative feedback on this because I thought it was a good article. Thank you for posting on this issue because I think it is a very important issue to address! I cannot understand why someone would do this but it is good to know it is not a huge deal.

ERM..just f.y.i, bedazzled doesn't use a gun. they use a disposable catridge so its more hygienic..by giving incorrect info, u could tarnish reputations.

I would like to see piercing baby ears to become against the law I think all human should have a right to have piercing and make that their choice not there parents choice.

Piercing your baby's ears is a trastless thing to do. It's A BABY. Not a baby doll. All parent's main priorities should be to comfort and nurture their child and to avoid subjecting their child to any unnecessary pain especially for a reason such as vanity.

Spiller & Guest,

It is not a tasteless thing to do and it should not be outlawed! It is very important in my culture and
find your narrow minded puritanical views irritating. It is a parents choice weather you like it or not. I had mine done when i was a baby and so did my 3 sisters and all my female relatives and guess what? No memory of it!! Very happy my mum did it for me.

How stupid. My parent's got my ears pierced by a doctor when I was like 4 months old, and it was the best thing they could have done for me. Unlike my friends who remembered the pain, and had to deal with infection (since they got them at an older age) I've grown up with fully healed piercings - and have no memory whatsoever of the pain or even getting them pierced.

I like this article though. Very well written and I can tell the author is informed.

Seriously, against the law? Ok so it's fine to poke our children with 3 to 4 shots per office visit to the doctor for the first year of their lives but it's not ok to pierce their ears? Get over it, and mind your own business, no one is forcing you to get your daughters ears pierced.

I think that the best thing is to wait to pierce an infants ear, but we shouldalso be respectful of other cultures if its a part of your culture to do it then there is noting wrong in it since there are cultural beliefs and customs behind it, my parents did my ears when i was small as a part of latin american culture, but i want to wait for my child to decide anjd outlawing is a bit much i think i mean its not a crime after all.

My daughter just turned 3 months old and I pierced her ears. She barely even cried and followed with big smiles. It has been two weeks since the piercing and she doesn't even know the earings are there. I feel I pierced her ears because I was never allowed to get my ears pierced until I was old enough to do it myself without permission. Was this a selfish act on my part?

In response to the title: Ear piercing by infants
I have to say I would never never EVER....allow an infant to pierce my ears.

I want to get an earing and i wondering if its extremely painful to get my ear lobe pierced?