Users comments and reviews on article Belly button piercings: Pros and Cons by MariAnne

its was really bad!!!! :-(

Okay, question i've gotten my belly button peirced 3 times now, in the same area - all the reasons why it never stayed was because i'm an id**t and i get too excited and want to change it from the ugly ring to a cute dangly one, is it okay if i get it re-peirced? my mom said if i do it might not heal but she isn't a pro, ha.

but anyhow is it okay for me to get it redone? or should i just forget the wantingness(i know, not a word) of a belly peircing?.

i probley won't come here quickly enough to see or i might forget :/ but if you have any comments on this email me at ***

edited by moderator

thanks loves! :-)

It says here that it's dangerous because piercing guns can't be sterilized. DO NOT EVER DO ANY PIERCING WITH A PIERCING GUN unless it's in the earlobes. Even in the earlobes, it's far better with a needle but a piercer will charge a lot more than what pagoda and claire's well. Never ever have any other piercing done with a gun, including the navel piercing. You've been warned.

It doesnt hurt at all mine hurt for a day after i got it done. by the end of the third week i could move it around no problems at and, and by week 4 i could already change it. i kept my super cleaning cleaning it tiwce a day with antibacterial soap and h2ocean cleaner. i have had no problems with mine what so ever. and yes the worst part about getting it done was the clamp that hurt way worse than the needle going throuh my skin.

I totally agree. If you are going to get pierced, definitely try to get the needle. If all they have is the gun, don't get it done. It can cause a crooked piercing and other complications as well!

I have gotten my belly button pierced professionally it did hurt he used a needle and i asked a million questions.i used a saline salt solution to clean it and after four wks it looks great but still haven't changed to the cute dangly one

i have had my belly pierced for about 4 1/2 months, and i have found when i am cleaning it that i am gettin a white,yellowish puss coming out of the bottom. over the last month i have noticed that at the bottom of the piercing, it looks like the inside of my belly is coming out. i dont know what to do? what do you recommend? thanks

Im 13 years old and i had mine done about 5 days ago. The piercer was a stupid woman who said you cannot feel a thing, so I trusted her and layed out on the bed. When I get nervous, I giggle, so throughout the whole procedure I was laughing (which makes your tummy go up + down!) so it hurt even more. She put the clamp on, which didn't hurt at all, then stuck the needle through. IT REALLY HURT. I felt pain all over my stomach and deep down too. It doesn't just hurt the navel area.

so im 14, and i'm gettin my belly button pierced but i'm REALLY skinny is it ok to get it pierced or will it like rip out??????? i'm not lieing about skinny im like 95 pounds idk tho. email me and please i need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am 14 and reqally want my belly done but my dad said no my mum said yes but dad said no because he reckons it is dangerous is it ?

I'm 13 and had my bellybutton pierced about a week ago and it hurt a little when it was done and for a couple of hours after but now it doesn't hurt at all! It was well worth the short pain because everyone says it looks really pretty! Definitely recommend having it done to anyone! Just cant wait to get on holiday, wear my bikini and show it off! :-D

hi. my name is brooke. and i was wondering can you use any kind of belly botton rings. because they say it has to be surgical kind. but there isn't any fantansy rings that i like.

hi mmm.. i been tryingto pierce my belly but my parents dont want me to but i really want it, so i have this one friend who does belly piercing and i may tell him to do it for me

Thank you for this detailed information. Very helpful. I wish my piercing artist had given me a printed version of the proper care methods, but instead he rattled of the care information verbally and in a hurry and I wasn't able to fully recall it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this informative post!