Users comments and reviews on article Abortion: Yes or No? by marcusm

Hi. I just had a couple of questions about your article. Could you tell me the source of the following information, as I don't believe it is correct:
Quote:

An abortion can cause problems for pregnancy later in life, and can result in children that have disabilities that may need special medication, special attention, or can result in the early death of that child. Abortion also increases the risk of still births in future pregnancies.

There is also no evidence of a link between abortion and endometriosis, which primarily affects woman well before they become pregnant. It can increase the chance of a woman getting adenomyosis. Quote:

Endometriosis is one of the risks that a woman has to face when choosing to have an abortion, and can be painful. Endometriosis is the occurrence of displaced tissue outside the uterus. The most common symptoms are pain and dysmenorrhea, or painful menstruation. While older women can contract endometriosis, teenagers are two and a half times more likely to contract it. There are also increased risks for women that have more than one abortion in their lifetime.

Perhaps you should mention that only 5% or less of woman having a first trimester abortion will get PID, it is only those who have uterine scarring that are at risk of

Quote:

Placenta previa only occurs in approximately one out of two hundred pregnancies. Bleeding usually occurs during the latter part of the pregnancy, but hemorrhaging can occur during birth. This extensive hemorrhaging is fatal to both the mother and the child, due to amount of blood that the mother loses during labor. Another side effect in later births is the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy, also referred to as tubal, cervical, or abdominal pregnancy

Early treatment of PID can prevent all of this.

It is a good article, I just thought a couple of things need to be clarified as the article makes some of the side effects seem common when most of them are anything but common

THANK YOU!

Endometriosis is something you have before pregnancy, it is a condition that is quite often genetic in nature, it is caused BY ENDOMETRIAL TISSUE BEING ON OTHER PLACES BESIDES the uterus. Abortion isn't going to "magically" make tissue go somewhere else.. Just as D&C for miscarriage does not..

Less than 2% of all abortions have complications.. AND PER CDC AND FDA... IN 1999 9 women dies as a result of abortion..MANY more died as a result of childbirth and labor.. YES we know abortion is a medical procedure ans can have risks, but so does wisdom tooth removal.. ANY medical procedure has risks, but you are seriously overinflating risks, and mentioning risks that don't even happen.

I sent Marcusm CDC citations for some of the false statements.
The fact is women are very smart, and we know medical risks..But I certianly would rather have an abortion than have a baby.

ALSO PID is caused by infections.... You can get PID with an IUD if you get a STD..

PID is something that can happen to women regardless of abortion history, or birth control method usage.

Premature delivery.. YES abortion CAN cause Incompetant cervix, but many women WITHOUT abortions have Incompetant cervix..Good prenatal care wil fix this problem, and a cervical cerclage.

New Hope

I've used this resource afterabortion.blogspot.com/2004/10/shredding-myths-about-abortions_26.html as an resource on child defects thesis. It seems that some recent research came to the conclusion there is an increased risk of pre-term delivery for women with a history of abortion. However my wrtiting style may sound biased and I'm ready to change those parts you've found false. Anyway we're all here to serve the public and to provide most accurate infomation. I'm sorry if I offended you. I just wanted to stess out seriousness of the act of abortion.
I would appreciate if you girls help me to edit parts of the article you've found false. Please quote those parts and appropriate replacement in this thread and I'm going to edit the article as soon as possible.

Thanks for understanding,
marcus

Hi. I wasn't really offened, just worried that there is information in the article that I don't believe is correct.
Basically an abortion has the same long term medical effects as a miscarriage. Many miscarriages are in fact 'cleaned out' with a D & C, making them the same medical procedure yet woman who suffer miscarriages aren't scared with 'facts' about future deformed and stillborn children, infertility and cancer.
I have already highlighted the parts that I don't agree with. I would suggest removing the part about future pregnancies. It is "sort of" agreed that multiple abortions can result in an imcompetent cervix which may lead to early birth, but as Carifairy stated that is a problem in woman who haven't had teminations too.

I have included the address of planned parenthood, it has some answers to some abortion questions.
plannedparenthood.org
When researching this topic it is hard to get good information as there are many pro life groups and religious organisations that spread mis-information. Sometimes they quote the one study that finds in their favour and ignore the dozens that find against their views.
Good medical studies are adjusted to account for outside factors, whereas some of the results I have seen on prolife sites is raw data so it is skewed.

Anyways, thanks for being open to suggestion

The webiste you used was pro life leaning and biased..

ALSO yes when women have miscariages they are 'cleaned out' the same way as women with abortion, they use suction aspiration..AND they use curretage which is not always used during an abortion, but with a miscarriage curretage is often needed.

I love what Crzyfl said about Miscarriage, women who have them aren't given all these scare tactics, yet women with abortion are.

I believe you may be Male Marcusm.. I believe that WOMEN everywhere UNDERSTAND AND totally comprehend for themselves what an abortion means to them. Some women may feel a celebration, others may feel great loss because they suffered a fetal deformity.

MEN very RARELY could ever truely comprehend abortion as a woman who has had one does, and understand what she does.

New Hope
Girls, thanks for your support on this. I've edited article following your instructions. I agree, it is very important to present valid information to our readers.

carifairy
yes, women do understand and comprehend what an abortion means to them, but dont you think men understand a little bit too? dont you think they are affected? the father of the child you are brutally murdering could have had a child but you just went, only thinking of yourself, to an abortion center to KILL YOUR BABY! and when i say think only of yourself, i mean it. how are you thinking of the baby? you aren't. youre killing it. how could you be thinking of the father? youre not. youre taking way the life of his child. he helped make this child, and you make the desicion to have ti KILLED. you are only thinking of yourself and how much easier life will be for you without this beautiful child. all you want to do is have sex for fun and not deal with what is it truly made for: the creation of life and the unification of the couple, not just for your own pleasure.

I am married, and BOTH of us are CHILDFREE, that means we do not want children EVER.

I think about myself and my husband, and this is what we both want.

how could you think like that?
that is extremely selfish
the purpose of sex is:
1) to create
2) unification of the couple

these CANNOT be separated.
Sex without these purposes is useless.
I do not understand how someone can be so self-centered...
Have you ever considered ADOPTION?????
knowing that your child is in a loving home that ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THEM instead of knowing that he or she was brutally murdered is much better...

okay heres my story. i need help. okay im -7 Weeks- pregnant: and i am a really small girl. :: and i am happy that i am having a baby dont get me wrong. but im 16. and i am with the gy of my dreams. we have been together for almost a year. and we slipped. [yeah] and.. i am thinking hard about this whole thing. but.. you see: its like my heart is telling me that i cant handle haing a baby this young. and i dont wanna have an abortion because that is murder but it hasnt formed inside of me yet. so what do i need to do? i really lately have wanted one but we have no jobs, and dont live together. so its a hard decision for me to make. you see.. i need some advice. thanks.

my email is ******

**edited by moderator**

:( Thank you Julia . It's very hard to teach people with closed minds that abortion is the killing of a child.

I know it is killing..

What's your point? It is inside of my body...

I am married, and my husband and I BOTH choose abortion.

Carifairy,

I guess I am a bit confused with a couple of things that I find in your posts on and off. You mentioned that you didnt really care for the abortion providing part of planned parenthood, but I am assuming the counsel/birthcontrol part you are ok with? I dont quite understand. If you know they are no good, why do you work for them?

Also, crzyfl was mentioning planned parenthood, and seems to be one of your great "backups" in posts, has she not seen your posts? They seem quite contradictory.

ALSO... wether a site is pro-life or pro "choice" as you call them, shouldnt the girls have a right to see boh sites and use their common sense to make the decision for themselves. Seems non judgementalness has gone "out the window"....I could be wrong. Crazyfl seems to show "anger" in the posts when pro life organizations are mentioned, I wondered why that is?

Lets give these girls a chance. No hate posts or bashing please. Thanks.

Hizgrace