I want to have my belly pierced for many years and now finally I can do it. My parents were always against, so I am 25 now without piercing to please them. Anyway, now I am married with wonderful husband, and finally I can pierce my belly. I wonder how I will re-pierce belly button after pregnancy, because we are planning to have a baby soon. Is there anyone with this kind of experience to share story with me?

I had gotten my belly pierced about three months before I got pregnant. I thought it had healed all the way, so I changed it. I found a pregnancy belly ring that seemed to work but unfortunately, my belly button kept being infected. I ended up taking after the umpteenth time it was infected in my eighth month of pregnancy, which was not pleasant at all. I was left with a brown scar about the size of a pencil eraser. I was wondering if this scar goes away, and will I be able to be pierced again. I asked around and found out that the scar left can be minimized with skin bleaching agents such as hydroquinone if it is not too deep. I was trying scar treatment from the drug store, and even vitamin E. When I finish with this, I want to have my belly button re-pierced. I know they will have to go deeper to get through the scar tissue and I will be left with a bigger scar, but I really want to re-pierce belly button after my pregnancy.

I had my belly button pierced a couple years before I got pregnant and did not want to take my piercing out. I finally did when I was about 7 months along. I did get a scar and I hate it, but I recently got it repierced. Yeah scar tissue could become a problem but it you find the right person that is willing to do it you can definately get it repierced and it covers the scar some. My sister in law kept her piercing in her whole pregnancy and it was fine, just a little scaring so I guess its up to you.

I had my bellybutton pierced for only a month before I got pregnant, and my doctor told me I could leave it in unless it started to hurt. I left it in and it felt fine, but I noticed it was stretching a lot, so I took it out around 8mo. I had a horrible looking scar at the top of my bellybutton, and tried all sorts of skin bleaching creams and as I lost baby weight it got smaller, but a year and a half later, the scar is still there. I want to get my bellybutton pierced again, but I really want to scar to be less noticeable. Do you think if I repierce it, it will reshape the scar as it heals and make it look better? Or should I just leave it alone and get laser surgery when I'm done having kids? There will be enough time to let the piercing heal before I get pregnant with my second child.

I had my belly ring for 9 years before getting pregnant and kept it in until about the 8th month. I took it out because the skin stretched outside of my belly button which made my pregnant stomach look weird with a belly ring. A year later, I am still not able to wear it because of streaching of the skin. The distance between the peirced ends is short which makes the ring appear to be just hang for dear life. It looks bad. The skin doesn't look bad, just has a hole. I'm considering re-piercing one hole so to grab more skin. Does that make sense? Is it even possible? Has anyone done this? I think the stretch happened because I never took out or changed the ring to allow for stretching of the skin????? I don't know. =(

I'm 35 weeks pregnant right now. I had my belly button pierced for about 4 years before i got pregnant. I decided to take it out at 3 months and it is still open. I do however, have a nasty stretch mark in between the piercing and my belly button and the skin is very thin. I had putin a ring a few weeks ago and it was so think i could almost see the ring through my skin. Kinda nasty. I hope it doesn't rip. I'm def going to get it re pierced though if it does close or rip because i want to cover up that stretch mark.

i took my belly button ring out at 5 months preg because i saw that it staarted to stretch! i am glad i did because after i had my baby who is not 15 months i got it repierced and it didnt hurt because its pierced through scar tissue. i advise anyone once they get pregnant take it oout so the skin wont stretch around it makingg the hole bigger. i have my flat tummy back without stretchmarks and a beautiful belly ring!

Did you ever have this re done? i have the same thing. Wondering the same thing.

I am so jealous. I took mine out before pregnancy for other reasons and now have a flab of skin next to piercing hole and got the white spiderweb stretch marks after 2nd child. It's heartbreaking. My kids are now 5 and 6 and it still bothers me and I eat healthy, am small, and workout a lot!!!! It just doesn't make sense.

I have the same problem and I'm looking for the same answer lol
I think mine looks like that because I pierced it myself and I don't thing I grabbed that much skin so now its all stretched out and when I put a ring on it it looks like it's hanging I hate it!