About 10 days ago I’ve noticed tiny ball like lump in my earlobe. It does not look like pimple and is not painful to touch. I think that it has grown a bit during this 10 days. I still haven’t contacted my doctor because of it. It’s starting making me concerned. What could it be?

I had one a year ago. It was painless and as it persisted about a month, I visited my physician. It was a fatty cyst; my dr told me that they didn’t hurt. I had it removed soon after. But you certainly should visit your physician to check it.

Painless cyst in earlobe

I am a 22 y.o. female. I also noticed a small painless little lump in my right earlobe two days ago. I pressed it once with moderate pressure and it does not hurt at all. After reading about others' experiences, I did not aggravate it by touching it too much. The lump is closer to my face than the outer edge of the ear and is approximately 2mm in diameter. My earlobes are free earlobes.

Some people said theirs goes away after weeks or months. Some people said that theirs grew or began to hurt a lot. I don't want to wait to see what happens so I'm going to see a doctor. Is it appropriate to see the family physician doctor or a dermatologist? I am not on any medications at all and am healthy.

I had my ears pierced when I was a baby and I am not allergic to any earrings. I have been wearing a pair of gold earrings since I was 6 years old. I keep my ears and earrings very clean. The only connection I can think of (if possible) is that I wear earphones when I'm on the computer for hours at a time.

I have stopped wearing earrings temporarily and have discontinued the use of earphones. If anyone could help me in this matter, I'd be very grateful. Hopefully, others can use this as a guide too.

oh man, my bf kept squeezing the growth in my ear lobe behind the ear hole and it got slightly harder.will it go away?and what is it?its been there for more than 3 mths and i'm scared of getting injections n stuff thats y i avoided seeing the doc.

oh. n its not painful just that i left it alone for awhile n my ear holes are closing.but it hasnt gone away.maybe its those darn earrings.

I really believe that all these cases of lumps in the earlobes are in fact small balls of scar tissue caused by ear piercings. I am willing to bet that everyone who has described this tiny little bb sized lump in their earlobe has also had that earlobe pierced, probably in the exact spot. I too have it on my left ear, which a couple years ago I pierced (and have since taken out and let heal). Just my thoughts.

Michael

No its not scar tissue, im a guy and i have one and to my knowledge i have never had a piercing. i've had mine for several weeks now i believe it is a cyst but idk

yea its not from ear piercing im a guy also and have never had my ear pierced.
A few other sites said its a benign cyst so just leave it.
(It's fun to play with if your bored though ;-) )

Okay I am 15 and male and I have the same thing but I don't have my ear pierced but I also have headphones in hours per time

I have had them for years, since elementary school and I'm now 22. Not once have I ever had my ear pierced. The doctor doesn't take the time to examine them, she just says oh it's normal. You're young, you're healthy. What are they? They've prevented me from getting my lobs pierced

I'm sorry to disprove your conviction but I have never had a piercing and I have also developed a possible fatty cyst. They occur for those who do not pierce their ears.

I'm also 15 and use headphones, not earbuds, a lot as well with this same lump. Idk what it is but it bothers the hell out of me because I don't know what it is

Same here, also 15 and wear headphones for long hours. I've had one in my left earlobe before and after a while it's pretty much gone, but now there's one in my right earlobe. .-.

Some people get these for no apparent reason. Some people get them numerous times too. Best thing is to go to the doctor if it's painful or irritating you. A doctor could tell you for sure what It is and possibly why it's occurring. There is so many different symptoms associated with cyst or infected hair follicle. Most of the reasons for a lump there are harmless but annoying. If it's bothering you make an appointment and maybe the doctor can get rid of it.

wrong not me