Hi, I am 26 years old and I am pregnant for 2 months already. My very good friend told me that I would remove piercing from my nose during my pregnancy. I don’t know why that is necessary but I am ready to do everything which would help me to avoid any possible problems while I am pregnant. I would like to know why it is important.

Some people remove their piercings because of the possibility of infections. I personally don't have anything pierced other than my ears, but if I did I probably would remove anything during pregnancy.

Hi, piercing in your nose wouldn’t make some specific problem to your pregnancy but because of swelling it may be good to be removed while you are carrying your baby. Same thing is with rings on your hands. It may cause some infection or stop circulation on your hands.

I dont see it haveing anything to do with harming your baby as long as you have had it done for a while and the risk of infections are gone....I have had a belly piercing with my pregnancy and I was told I had to remove it due to the fact that as I got bigger it would stetch and eventually split open, I did wear my tounge ring throuout my pregnancy with no problems whatsoever....I would say that it should really be your choice, if you leave it out for your pregnancy you may have to have it redone due to the fact that it may close back up.....

i am 24 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and i have my tounge and belly button pierced as well as ears. there is no need to take out your piercings. the only caution is to wait to get more until after pregnancy. if you feel like your piercings are bothering you then take them out.

I am in my 8th week of my fourth pregnancy, and I've had multiple body piercings, including nose, tongue, and belly button.

My doc told me that during pregnancy, you might want to remove belly button piercings because of the risk of the skin stretching and tearing.

I also had to remove my tongue ring during my second pregnancy. It kept chipping my teeth and my doc told me that because the baby demands so much nutrition from your body, there is a risk of calcium deficiency in mama which can cause teeth to become weaker and more prone to damage by a tongue ring. I occasionally wore a small plastic retainer, which kept the hole open enough so that after baby was born I could simply stick my tongue ring back in. I ended up waiting until after I was done nursing before wearing it full time again.

As far as other piercings, such as the nose or eyebrow, I don't see how these could be any sort of problem, providing that they are completely healed by the start of the pregnancy.