At what age will or did you let your daughter get her ears pierced?

My mom said I had to be 12 or above to get them pierced (and my grandmother had to take me - who already had her ears pierced). So I went during the summer with her.

P.S. I'm not a parent - but that's what my parents did

my daughter got hers pierced @ age 1.

Hubby says she has to be 13. His oldest daughter (now 23) also had to wait until she was 13.

I think this is a heinous crime against daughters. Girls love earrings.

I was 4 with the first piercing, but I was too young to take care of them properly and they closed up. I had them repierced when I was 11. Added a second hole at 16.

Now if my girlie wants anything besides her ears pierced she has to be 18 and out of my house.

The rule at Casa Go is 7. I've gone twice now with Goette Une. Deux has a few more years.

Edited to add: the reason it's 7 is that MoGo wanted me to wait until I was (ahem) 16, but we compromised at 13. That felt bad so I decided I wouldn't make my girls, if I had any, wait that long.

The rule was 16 for my oldest sister, 13 for the middle sister and like the spoiled baby I am, I got mine pierced at 10. but still several years after most of my friends

I think the daughter was about 10ish when she got her piercing. My nice had her ears pierced about 8 months.

my daughter had hers done last summer, age 9.

i'd say there was a little more "maintenance" involved than she expected but she did well taking care of them.

she chose summer cuz there are no earrings allowed to be worn to gym class. either take them out or BAND-AID your earlobes to cover them. she used band-aids all year. :|

I wouldn't do it until they are old enough to take care of them themselves.
I've never seen such a pain in the butt as ear rings on a young child.

Lib got hers pierced the day after Christmas, she was 11.5. Hubby wanted to wait until she was, oh, I don't know, 30 or so, but I decided she was ready and we got it done. She's done very well with them. :)

I think when they're old enough to take care of them on their own is old enough, and that depends on the child.

I got mine done when I was 12.

women with pierced ears = brazen hussies

:LOL:
What about guys with pierced ears?

:LOL:
What about guys with pierced ears?
Based on the previous statement it would have to be self aggrandizing studmuffin with big ego.

hmm about in her fortys

Based on the previous statement it would have to be self aggrandizing studmuffin with big ego. or one who has crossed the equator... ok, so give me a reading on this... my 9 year old daughter who tells me doesn't WANT to get her ears pierced. ever. how long until that changes?