Users comments and reviews on article My Child is a Crystal Meth Addict - How do I Help? by Debbie Strange

Meth is a nasty drug and its grip on a person can at times be incredibly unbearable so I think that if you know someone with this, you should try to get to them as soon as posible. Debbie, this is a fantastic article on how to do so. Thank you!

My sister just told the family that she is using meth. She has decided to get help, but she only will be admitted for 3 days, and theb to a outpatient basis 90days. This doesn't seem right. How can some stop in just 3 days? Thanks jen

I hope they will make the pills that they use in this stuff prescription. The word on the street is that they will soon. They need to hurry up!!!

'can also notice by the condition of the person’s teeth; they will show signs of decay and rotting and many meth users lose their teeth due to the effects of using meth'

I am pretty sure that the drug does not cause the tooth decay but the person's poor hygiene while/if a frequent user or, because the person drinks copious amounts of sugary drinks and neglects to brush properly.

no the tooth decay is a result of vasoconstriction directly due to meth use

and rather than much drink, the bigger problem is dry mouth
i hate meth; as i sit her i am trying to fall asleep a good 13 hours after last dosing, and having not slept the past 3 nights. i am not going to do it again. i must tell myself this, for how can i win if i don't? of course, i say that pretty much every time. in time, the negative effects slowly become more severe, and this leads to further use, for in most users,at least initially the drugs biggest attraction is its capacity to raise confidence temporarily.

but drug use leads to self hate, leading to further drug use.

How do I help my son he was clean for about 8 years How do I talk to him.