Users comments and reviews on article Addicted to Cannabis: Marijuana Addiction Treatment by Debbie Strange

Celebrity
I think every addiction is best to replace with another ... If one must have an addition ... I believe sport is the best form.

It's too bad that marijuana is not addictive. It's addictive in the same way that hanging out with friends is addictive or watching a good movie. You enjoy it so you choose to do it, THC is in no way addictive. If you think I'm a foolish pothead then let me quote the Shafer Report
"[T]he criminal law is too harsh a tool to apply to personal possession even in the effort to discourage use. It implies an overwhelming indictment of the behavior which we believe is not appropriate. The actual and potential harm of use of the drug is not great enough to justify intrusion by the criminal law into private behavior, a step which our society takes only 'with the greatest reluctance."

too easy

Its true some people can be addicted to weed I know a few and I know a few others that aren't but use it regularly. I guess it depends on the person and how its used. marijuanna is great for a recreational drug. But in some cases people get high everyday sometimes spend allday getting high they let it consume them and thats when it becomes addictive. Swim gets so used to staying high they dont feel confortable not high and it becomes a problem. Too much of anything can be a bad thing theres nothing wrong with weed just like theres nothing wrong with guns its the person behind it that can be a problem.

BINGE EATING! YeS!!! wtf. this stup id kike is trying to pass marijuana as an addictive drug. what a fuc kng dumbass c**t. i dont even smoke and I know that marijuana is about as addictive a punch to the face. what a b***h.

OP just needs to smoke moar

I feel that as someone who IS addicted to marijuana I should speak. When I started smoking a few years ago I absolutely loved all aspects of weed, and defended it completely. I spent hours on forums and the internet "educating" myself about marijuana. At one time I even started to create a community website for the legalization of marijuana. The problem is that this "research", I. like most others who blindly dismiss marijuana as having any abuse or harm potential, would just pay attention to the positives....every study saying something at all harmful about weed always had holes, which of course someone who loves smoking weed will find, and I dismissed them. The truth was though as I continued with my habitual use I no longer had the control I had earlier. When I didn't have the herb I was thinking about it, and I'd get desperate often resorting to scraping and smoking gross pipe resin when there was no bud available (as I know many many marijuana users have done...most of which probably would still say they are not addicted). It took me falling into a major depression that began slowly but exploded once I decided I finally need to quit weed. I do realize that it is not addictive for most people, but completely dismissing its potential for addiction is dangerous, stupid, and biased.