I was smoking and snorting meth few times. I would like to know what are (and if there are any) long term effects of meth?
Thank you!

There might be some long term side effects, especially if you abused the meth. Long term effects might be delusions, confusion, mood disturbance, violent behavior, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia...
Hope you won’t do that again.

my brothers do meth and they get:
PARANOID (very very extreme, one said that the cops were hiding in the trees and he could hear them on his roof.)
SKINNNNNNNNNY (people will know if you do it)
NO TEETH(alot of my brothers "girlfrinds" had one tooth. the chemicals in the meth will rot your teeth)
DEFENSIVE ( my brothers are always being definsive)
STUPID THINGS( my brothers steal lawnmowers out of the department store)
ALLNIGHTERS (you stay up for DAYS, really)
NO LIFE (you proably will not have a job but you will think about all the jobs you could have. you will not have a home and your family will be sad for you.)
DON"T DO ANYMORE METH YOU WILL GET ADDICTED! THESE THINGS WILL 99% PROABLY HAPPEN TO YOU.

Oh my God, what kind of life that is? Are they aware of the consequences or the situations they found themselves in? Are they thinking about quitting at all?
I have a friend who is on amphetamines. I haven’t seen him in ages but I know he needed to started selling drugs in order to get something for himself as he couldn’t find any other job. I mean, you couldn’t say that he was addicted just by looking at him. And he didn’t loose any weight at all, his stomach got bigger but that was the beer.

Lori, yeah some people i know that use arn't skinny either, but my bros.....well they look like walking skeletons. some people just react diff then others i guess.

hey my brother an his friend used to do meth all the time he and his friend looked like walking skelotins to my brother now has been clean for 4 years he has no teeth they rotted out but he has gained waight as for his friend he is in jail from his drug problem so hopefully your brothers will consider quitting.

"Meth does a lot of damage to people who use it. (As a matter of fact, death may not be the worst of its potential effects.) And you can find out about that type of thing in symptoms, and detecting a user.

But users aren't the only ones who are affected it effects family, neighbors and those that effected by the crime that arises from meth use.

Meth labs regularly blow up in ordinary neighborhoods, damaging ordinary people who may not even know what meth is.

And then there's meth-related crime. Its victims aren't limited to users of meth either.

The truth is you don't necessarily have to be involved with meth to feel its effects.

"
from: lifeormeth.org

umm yeah, i've never done meth, but i know people that do, and there are a couple things i'd like to post.

first, it is a myth that it is the chemicals in meth that that cause an addicts teeth to fall out. in fact, it is the initial reaction to meth in which the mouth produces larger amounts of acid in the saliva. this also produces a foul taste in the mouth. and of course, if you have a nasty taste in your mouth, the first thing you try to do is was it out. typically large amounts of soda are used. at least by the people i know. and sodas are also acidic so that's the typical reason for tooth decay.

also, there's another side effect that most people don't know about. painful or difficulty in urination. i don't know why or how, but apparently meth can cause a urinary tract infection. when some of my friends told me about it burning when they peed, i thought they got an std, but they got tested and it was a uti. it happens almost every time they smoke. if anyone knows how or why this happens, let me know, i'm kinda curious since the genitals aren't used to smoke meth.

Typically meth users don't want to eat or drink. Whatever fluids they do drink are unhealthy. The body flushes the infections away when the bladder is emptied. If there isn't anything in the bladder to empty then the infections stay. High discoloration and the burning feeling when urinating is due to the body being very dehydrated. So meth doesn't cause the infection directly, but changes the way the user takes care of themselves.

Im still doing an absurd amount of research, and asking lifers what they think about my meth/health situation. I just started using meth aprox 6 months ago and starting shooting immediately. I went from what I assume were small shots to doing gram shots. I lost some feeling and use of my left leg, and im still unclear if ill get any of the sensation that I lost back. I limp, and cannot flex my L foot upward. Im trying to get clean. Not easy. I dont want to loose my teeth. Or die because im being so irresponsible and wreckless. PLEASE STOP THE METH!!!!! :'(

Heart trouble you develope depression it will trash Ur lungs and potentialy harm most of Ur organs ya kid quite while Ur ahead.....I'm a recovering addict I wasted 6 years of my life and now most of my vaines in my arms are collapsed my teeth are screwed and because dope releases huge amounts of that happy chemical in Ur brain if u use long enough once u quite its hard 2 feel joy because it depletes Ur brain of that chemical and kills the receptors so ya stop

yeah stupidity and idiotcy

Weight loss, irritability, depression, unable to feel joy or happiness without it,

I did meth for the first time 3 days ago, and lemme tell you I was twacked out beyond beliefe, I got half a gram and started around 8 Wednesday night and did continuous bumps about once every hour or two til like 6 Friday morning. I was hallucinating, extremely paranoid, I thought I wasn't acting any different but everyone could tell I was tweaking it was bad and people asked me what I was on so I freaked out even more. But I started coming down Friday at like 3 p.m. at first my brain felt like it was getting electrocuted everytime I had to think. And my body was so tingly and numb but I had the chills and was shivering really bad. Peeing hurts insanely and I didn't realize how long it had been sense I ate drank or slept at all. Almost a week, I slept for about 12 hours last night and I still feel super crappy and I'm still kind of hallucinating and hearing weird stuff. And I'm still beyond paranoid. My mouth kinda tastes like anus too. Nasty, anyways long story long, its terrible and I never wanna do it again. It's no bull when they say meth is really terrible.

they will drink anything BUT water. when your mind and body is going 90 to nothing so are the biological functions. you can't make proper urine without water. Watch a meth head some time. they will do the dope, go outside and start doing "projects". in an hour they have to pee just as anyone would strenuously laboring outdoors. they are so dedicated to the "project" at hand that they won't stop to pee. now then in another hour they are thirsty as sh*t, as anyone would who has expended 8 hrs of energy in only two hrs. most can not "get away" from their task at hand long enough to get a beverage, if they do manage to acquire some liquid it is most likely not H2O. hang on it gets better. those who have received a refreshment (likely provided by the dotting meth head spouse) will take one sip and in a few minutes proclaim "where the f***k did my drink go" (it won't be found till he trips over it in about 4 hrs. so we have now worked for 15 hrs straight, had to pee for 14 hrs, lost our drink 13 hrs and 59 mins ago and have not consumed any food since dinner the night before. a mere 25 hrs ago. he will however eat a 7-11 burrito the dope dealer stops and gets him since he's bringing some more dope anyway so you can finish the "project" you've been working for now 18 plus hours because you were supposed to give to the guy who is paying you 50 bucks to do it 10 hrs ago. so now its 2 in the morning and the guy you did the work for is pissed cause you woke his kids up at 2 in the f***king morning beating on his door to deliver the "project" so you can get your fifty bucks so you can pay the dope dealer for the sh*t he fronted you so you could finish the "project" which is really FUBARed so the guy don't pay you as his ole lady takes pity on you and slips you 5 bucks for gas to get the hell out of there before the neighbor calls the law. so you but in 2 bucks worth of gas and get some papers to role up the roaches in the bottom of the ashtray and heist a 40 and a payday. so in 36 hrs you've done 80 bucks worth of speed (fifty of which is on the front) screwed up the "project" so bad you didn't paid. you got enough gas to maybe get home you joint is mostly tobacco and ashes you didn't get the kid his happy meal and you forgot to steal cigarettes for the ole lady. as your running out of gas coasting into the driveway you see the dealers crotch rocket parked on the side of the house, he's waiting on money you ain't got. your ole lady says wheres my smokes you say that mot***erF****ker didn't pay me. the dealer says wheres my g******mn cash. "dude" you say in a whisper "the ole ladies wedding ring is in the bathroom i'll give it to you to pawn. but shes cleaning the bathroom. "I Know" you declare "watch this" "hey b***h get outta the head I've had to piss since I started workin" Now you see why it burns when a meth addict urinates. True story.