My sister is on crystal meth. I tried to help her, but she refuses my help. I mean, she seeks for help and when she has to face with her problem, she refuses and does something stupid, like steals my money or sells my cell phone. Hrrrrr… I really hate her being like that… I mean, she always sorry later, but good does this bring me? After all, I am left with no cell phone and no money. What could I do to help her? Could I send her to some kind of hospital or recovery forum or what? PLS, advices!!!!

Hey there,
I am sorry for your sister. On one hand I am also sorry for you cos she treats you like that… I mean she knows you’ll be there for her, that is why she is behaving like that. Crystal meth is madness! Even though she knew you wouldn’t be there, she would do the same.
The situation is spooky! It is unbelievable what she is doing to her self and she isn’t aware what is doing to her family! You cannot send her to hospital without her consent…. Hospital is not a prison, though some addicts would confront me on this matter… There is really little you can do for her if she is not willing to do something for herself! First talk to her again and again about quitting, move away all your stuff that she could sell on the street, help her during detoxication and do not let her go on methadone. Do it without! Suboxone helps in these cases. Be with her- physically and mentally! She must do something all the time in order not to have time to think about the drug!
Good luck!

when i was growing up i lived in a house full of users of crystal. one thing i noticed is if they are with their friends that do it they WILL do it. my brothers would always tell me they were going to quit.....they didn't. my advice would to get your sis away from her friends or call the police on her.

Would you call the police on your brothers? How old are your brothers anyway?

My classmate started doing drugs with her first boyfriend. It was just pot at the beginning, so we laughed about it. Then the parties started and she started taking ecstasy and speed. In the end, she was taking heroin. I am not making this up. It is how it went. We finished high school and I lost contact with her but other class mates told me that she used to come to their homes, and would always steal (money, gold, and also some stupid things she wouldn’t even use) something until they noticed it. Then they agreed to say everything to their parents.
I know she was on a rehab. I don’t know what is going on now but I guess one needs to have strong family support in order to get these things over with.

How did you manage to stay away from all the drugs in the house?

Hi, im in need of help and answers..my brother used meth from anywhere to 6 months to a year..then we finalygot him off it and he has been off it for about 2 years. these 2 years have been hell. He is not the brother i once had anymore he is now a monster. He is very angry and has a bad temper. sometimes he makes no sence when he talks and it seems like he hate all of us. we just want to help him but he gets so angry to the point where he will try and hit and hurt my parents i have had to stop him several times. he has bizzar sleeping patherns he is always up in the middle of the night, and he eats all the time. he is always washing his hands for some reason, and if i didnt know any better i would think he was crazy. but some times i can see me old brother in him and i want him to come back. I have run out of ideas and i dont know what to do anymore. He is ruining my family and it seems i cant do anything about it. we have tried to get him help and medicine but he refuses and says there is nothing wrong with him. when he is obviously wrong. please help me i need answers, what do i do.

im sick of people singling out this drug.its no worse then drinking and driving,smoking cigarettes.they both kill you and effect your friends and family.do whatever you want to do..dont go around worrying about other people all the time .you'll only waste your own life trying to save another.you cnat control people or tell them what to do,,they allready know what the problem is,and if they dont choode to fix it,well forgot them...STOP ENABLING PEOPLE!

At one point in my life I was completely hopeless, out of control, and missing. I had scars on my arms and legs from the cuts that I inflicted on myself just to be able to feel something. I was smoking crystal meth and snorting Oxycontin daily. My life was spent dancing on a pole letting men feel all over me just to be able to afford the next hit that I was going to take in the clubs bathroom. My body had just become a thing to me, respect for myself did not exist instead it was replaced by a false sense of confidence that I exuded to all those who came in contact with me. I hated my parents, my life, and myself. I thought I was crazy- bipolar, schizophrenic, manically depressed, and every other thing I could self diagnose myself with by looking on the internet. It was to the point of misery that I don't even think Mr. Webster has words to describe. I lashed out at everyone and everything around me. I did drugs to feel what I thought was normal but my problems and emotional distress went far beyond the drug use itself. The drugs were my comfort, my last problem I thought. On October 9, 2005, I hit that "bottom" that you hear people who have struggled with addiction talk about. I remember the moment like it was yesterday. I had this sudden realization that I was sitting in a hospital..all alone..high..and wondering why I was covered in blood. Where were my "friends"? The same people that I had considered my family because my family had shut me out emotionally since the time I was 14?? You know those same people that were there with me everynight while we got high??
The doctor came in and let me know that last hit I had taken had killed my unborn child. I hit the floor in utter panic for I was so lost in myself I had never even know that I was pregnant much less even beyond my first trimester. Trembling and hysterical I called my mother and she of course didn't belive me, because like a typical addict- lies flowed out of me like it was my native language. I left that hospital with the numbest feeling that started in the roots of my hair all the way down to the soles of my feet. I was slowly realizing that I had no clue what I was doing, who I was, or of anything I wanted to be. Emily, as I thought I knew her, was gone. I had become the drug- you might as well renamed me Crystal. I left that hospital drove home and layed in bed- not crying..not speaking...just staring at the ceiling completely inside myself trying to search for something anything that was left of who I used to be. I needed anything to cling on to..just to know that I was still alive. I called my mother once again and between falling to the floor because my 82 pound body was so weak without the drugs, I uttered the words "I am ready...I need help." Within the hour she had plane tickets for me to fly to her house. I left everything- my clothes, my car, my jewelry, EVERYTHING -- I barely made it to the airport falling over and trembling the whole way. I got escorted on to the plane and arrived in Florida. My mom took me off the plane and immediately started yelling at me. I couldn't belive her response. I thought she would be happy to see me and glad that I was attempting to get help. The cycle of our conversation was repeatedly she yelled...I stared blankly at her...she questioned why...I numbly just would answer I don't know. She put me on the phone with a man named Paul Weiss, at
Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma. He was trying to describe a program to me that would "help me get my life back"..but all I could hear was blah blah blah and so I would repeatedly hang up on him because I was just sooooo tired. At the airport the next day I got in an all out screaming war with my stepfather, who was putting me on a plane to go to rehab in Oklahoma. It was not because I didn't want the help, I just honestly didn't think it was possible to help me. I thought I was meant to be this completely miserable person that I must have a chemical imbalance or some other thing that taking medication would cure. His words to me were "Fine I will buy you a plane ticket back to Lafayette, Louisiana but don't you dare ever talk to us again because you are already dead." He put it in such a manner that I realized that from the outside someone could see just exactly how I was feeling on the inside. I had felt like this for many years but no one could ever tell. I was a master manipulator and could hide it and put on a front that I was confident, happy, and secure like anyone you had ever seen. My mask was ripped away from me in that moment and all my fears and insecurities were layed out in front of everyone at the Continental airport ticket counter. I begged him to please buy me a ticket to Oklahoma I would go...I would have done anything at that moment. I was absolutely miserable, so miserable that the idea of killing myself just seemed like it would take too much energy to accomplish. I took the flight to Oklahoma entered into the doors on
Narconon Arrowhead and from that moment Emily, the real Emily started to come out of hiding. I had abused myself so much that I hid from myself.
Now 3 years later- I have never looked back. I have no remorse for things I have done because it has made me the person I am today-- I am unbelievably happy, confident, and healthy. I have formed relationships with my family that even before I started using drugs were not even possible. I am a dedicated, responsible mother of a beautiful 18 month old son. I have gone to college and a future that cannot be taken away from me. I no longer experience depression instead I have a healthy way to embrace saddness. I have learned how to talk to people and form meaningful relationships that don't just dwindle down to nothing within a few months. I owe my life and happiness to
Narconon and the methods it uses.

If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, PLEASE get them help!**** was an amazing program and it allowed me to heal myself. If you have any questions, please email feel free to contact *****

**edited by moderator**

so if u were on this drug then how come you still had a car, jewelery at the end of your addiction? thought addicts sell everything 2 feed there addiction??

I used for two years. In this time. Crashed my car from lack of sleep. Lost my job from calling in sick (comming down or just to high to show my face as a waitress) in a fine dinning resturant), Got beat up by my boyfriend who was also using as we were trying to help each other cut back as the thought of quitting was just to painful. We both lost our living situation. My brother and friends pushed me away for being a depression and anxiety case of a rollercoaster ride. Users flocked to me. Dope dealers wanted me for sex which I never gave up (thanks to the lord, I believe?) and would fill my hands with free dope, cars if I needed, money, hotel rooms, anything I desired in Hopes I would f*uk them. It seemed like I had the strength and opportunity to quit, but when I didn't use my body would break down, pain, depression of the reality I created by trying to numb what pain I was unaware of. My Mother tried to help me. But I kept running away as her drinking problem, would release fear and rage she had over her lack of control on me.
Finally I admitted to my friends, my family, my coworkers, and reached out for help. Cut off addicts and dealers easily by telling myself I love me and I am strong, and JUST SAID NO! I qualified for food stamps and medical because I was out of work and living in a home that had minors. I told my social worker that I was having a hard time finding work because I was battleing an addiction. She said the medical would cover me seeing a mental health doctor. It was hard to get over the shame, to spit the words out, and trust me, I dinot trust anyone, let alone think I was crazy, but everyone was so gentle, helpful, compassionate, and dedicated to my wellbeing far beyond me that a took all their hands. And they kept me busy! And I felt loved again, and loved myself. Started to have good clean fun, and now that is my new addiction. I am addicted to bettering me, beautifying me, and everything and one around me. And Damn that feels good. People are proud of me. I got my old job back. My boyfriend is on the road to recovery. But You can't do it alone. I have also been going to NA. Church (they pray for me, and God answers) the bible and hymns are healing. And best of all was acupuncture which nourished my body and soul and helped kick the cravings. Good luck!! Admitting it is the 1st step! :-D

One of the hardest addictions to treat is crystal meth dependence. Family and friends of those addicted to the substance often give up on the idea of ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed crystal meth recovery, but it is possible.

Crystal meth has a great effect on the mind once it was been used. She has somewhat no idea of what she is doing sometimes. If you decide to put her in a rehab center, it may not be effective if she herself is not willing to do so. You and your family try to talk to her again to stop her from that addiction. Just be strong for her everything will be alright. :)

hey H R U ???

I don't know if this helps anyone, but in my experience with this particular drug, I've heard a lot of people say often 'the come down is awful, the high isn't even good anymore or worth it, I don't know why I do it.' Yet it is still such a hard drug to break away from! I think there are a number of reasons why we continue to use it even after the thrill is gone and our health and social problems continue to grow. Reasons that actually transcend the addiction we may have to the chemical substance itself, or the tolerance to it we've formed.

Firstly, there is a lot of truth in the saying that you are only ever as good as the people you associate with. Generally once you start using a drug you begin to seek out and socialize with other like minded individuals. Where as once the simple, and seemingly innocent act, of going around to a friends house to chill used to mean having a cold beer and playing the x-box, now usually means sitting around puffing shards, whether that was your original intention or not. You end up trading most of your 'straight' (as in non drug dependent) friends for other users who socialize and mix in that circle of drug taking, therefore constantly exposing yourself to the drug and now associating it with normal social situations. This makes it very hard to escape being around it without completely cutting ties with these other users you now consider your friends. Doesn't matter if these new relationships are genuine and caring, or superficial and based solely around the drug, it's still very hard to break these ties, and often these people are now the only friends you think you have. The crystal meth world is not a nice one, it's very dark, dangerous and scary! Often you will form bonds with other people also trapped in this world that perhaps you normally wouldn't have, because of the things you've seen, done and experienced together. Sometimes very traumatic experiences shared, create bonds that are impossible to break.

Secondly, not only do you form an addiction to the chemical you are using, but you form a very strong addiction to the tool with which you choose to get the drug into your body. Be it smoking, injecting etc. Often you will hear stoners comment on "the rush of the bong", or IV drug users say "the cold rush of the steel", or Ice puffers say "the gentle rocking and swirl of the glass pipe". I've seen Ice smokers sit and polish their glass pipes like you would a prized trophy on proud display in your cabinet for all to admire... I've done it myself.

Thirdly, you become dependent on the drug as your coping mechanism in life. When sh*t hits the fan in your life, like it often does in everyones life, instead of going for a coffee with your best friend and complaining to them for hours, or heading to the gym to beat the c**p out of an innocent punching bag, you think about and seek out your drug of choice. When I've been extremely stressed, or something has happened in my life that I'm not coping with, I'd be straight on the phone to my dealer and organize a time and place to score. Even just knowing I was going to get some gear would calm me down and make me feel that everything was ok again. Didn't matter that I couldn't really afford it, or that it wasn't going to do that much for me once I took it anyway, or that I used to be able to handle eveything life threw at me without the drug. It becomes your crutch to lean on when life sucks.

Sad but true.

You teach your body (of which your mind is a part) what to expect: a certain quantity of food for instance, or drink, or nicotine, or other substances, and as a result you become a slave to the expectations you've taught your body to have.

If you become a slaveto physical expectations that you begin to realize are hurting your body, your mind and therefore yourself, your only means of escape from that dangerous slavery is to try to UNteach your body to expect those harmful things.

The only way I know of to UNteach it, is to stop feeding it those things. 

That's the hard part, because it requires that you deny, and steadfastly resist, strong physical cravings that will keep recurring regularly until such time as your body readjusts itself to a different kind of diet and its old expectations have given way to new ones. 

How long it will take the old cravings to diminish probably varies from person to person.  But eventually they DO diminish, and your body and mind get used to the new expectations you have worked hard to teach it to have.

The trick at this point, if you make it this far, is to stick with the new program and avoid ever again teaching your body to have dangerous expectations.

But beware reaching a point where you feel you're now so out of the woods that maybe you can afford to go back and indulge in some of the old habits a little.  Those habits unfortunately can return much more easily than they went.

Dieting, very severe dieting, which essentially is what getting unkooked is all about, is never easy.

surfing my addiction , and came across you. I have to say im very proud of you, not for stopping the meth, for being willing to uncover who you really are, and as you say, learning how to be sad. Iam an addict, and use to cover all my emotions, the inside of me became broken and... blah.. blah.. pain, not ready or dont know how to deal with it all without killing myself. I also wanted to say, hands out to your family or parents that still wanted the help for you, still loved you, because i have learned this past year as i started this life, family forgot what unconditional means. and i dont mean that by you robbing them or what not, just the mention of meth, and everyone puts you in a prison in there minds. if you have time, i would like to email more privately, i need some help on the emotional leval of trying to stop. Love, Laugh, ... Strength.... 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

you can try and help , but the truth is they have gotta to want to help them selves im 21 from wales ... and moved to aus in 2009 split with my ex fiance and started to sell and use meth in 2011 .. i moved back to wales coz i cud see my life falling apart im in so much debt and lost all faith and stabillity in my life . iv undergone counsiling and drug class and im naw a year clean and studying to become a counsilor so it can be done just stand by the person ... but point them in the right direction . peace josh