I also suffer from pinguecula in both eyes. More than suffering it is an esthetic problem. I would also like to have them removed but since a doctor in Germany told me that the operation can do more damage than good I am too frightened. I would really appreciate an update from Chris who has had the operation lately. Another question I have is if I can find a good surgeon or doctor her in Europe to carry out the operation. I now live in Spain, where I grew up, and I think the sun has been the main cause of my condition. I will be thankful for any information.

Selina

My pinguecula is growing right on the edge of my vision area and causes redness, irritation and pain that eyedrops only sooth momentarily. My doctor thinks I should look into having it removed. My eye doctor shrugs and says the recovery is long and the possibility of its return is high. I'm nearly at the stage of requesting surgery. Can it be worse than now? Chris, if you're recovering from this surgery, could you give us an update?

hi,

I am 29 year old, female and i have in both eyes for about 3 to 4 years, but on the right hand side one is starting to grow and cover the cornea of my eyes.
On my case, my eyes is not dry, is the opposite watering all the time, specially when is winding... ah...every morning too...
anyone have a operation only in a eye?
so i never heard no one with the PINGUECULA and watering eyes, anyone?
the doctor said to wait until the left hand side growth too, but start to be really horrible now, red and unpleasant to see. any one knows somewhere in london or a good doctor?

i would really apprecaite any information
many thanks
val

I know there is a really good doctor in Jacksonville, Florida. You should check it the website . Good luck.Hope that helps you or anyone else looking to have a surgery with Amniotic graft.

***edited by moderator***web addresses not allowed