Is it safe to still wear my contacts with a pinguecula? It does not bother me when I wear my contacts. I just notice that it gets redder as the day progresses.

My doctor told me not to wear contacts if you have pinguecula or dry eyes because it will dry your eyes out more and cause irritation

Well,
To be honest it is little interesting that you don’t have any problems with this and contact lenses. A pinguecula is a common and non-cancerous growth of the thin tissue (conjunctiva) that lays over the white part of the eye. The white part of the eye is also called sclera. It is interesting that you can have this in your eye and still are able to put lenses. I don’t think that this will affect the lenses but I think that you might have some complications from the growth. Have you talked to your doctor about this condition? I hope that you will find the best solution for your eye.

All the best,
Nelie