Hello! Is there anybody who could tell me something about complex partial seizure? Thank you

Complex partial seizures impair consciousness and begin in a limited area of the brain. Single and brief complex partial seizures usually don’t damage the brain. Prolonged or repetitive complex partial seizures may cause slight but persistent memory loss, but more serious brain injury is rare. During a complex partial seizure, the person usually becomes motionless and stares or makes automatic movements such as fumbling movements of the hands. During and after some complex partial seizures, the person may walk or, in rare cases, run. Other behaviors during complex partial seizures may cause concern, but are not dangerous to the patient or other people. These include screaming, kicking, ripping up papers, disrobing, sexual-like movements, and, rarely, masturbation. If someone is known to have unusual automatisms, he or she should be led in a quiet and reassuring manner-not forcibly-out of public places, such as an office or store. The greatest danger of an unexpected seizure occurs when the person is driving a car or operating dangerous equipment. If the seizure is prolonged (more than 5 to 10 minutes of impaired consciousness with automatisms), or if there are three or more complex partial seizures, then medical help should be sought. If the patient is known to have a pattern of prolonged or recurrent complex partial seizures, rectal diazepam (Diastat) can be administered at home by family members to stop the seizures. First aid for someone having a complex partial seizure is simple: the person should be kept away from dangerous situations, use restraint only if it is necessary for his or her safety, and seek medical help for prolonged or recurrent seizures.

Basically i dream while im awake. Wat is wrong wiht me or is it nothing?

Hi, I was diagnosed with complex partial simple seizures 5 years ago and I take 300 mg of zonegran everyday but it seems that every now and then (every other month or so) I bleed through the meds and have a series of seizures, usually anywhere from 4-9 in a two day period, they are frightening to me at the time and I dont mind if that was it but I cant seem to get answers even from my doctor as to this euphoria of depression/extreme sort of like I'm living in a dream like state with floods of past memories for about two weeks after the series of seizures, can anyone tell me what is going on there and how can I stop it? The memories would'nt be so bad its the depression that goes alond with it, and no, antidepressants are not an option for me.

D

Have you consulted a psychiatrist?

I have partial complex seizure and solution for partial complex seizure.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use