I have a friend who has epilepsy, and I found out that is interesting disorder. I wanted to know more about it, so I asked her to tell me something about it. She just told me she has problems with frontal lobe seizures. Now I do not understand anything so I need your help. Can you tell me anything about this, because I want to know?

After temporal lobe epilepsy, frontal lobe epilepsy is the next most common type of epilepsy featuring partial seizures. The frontal lobes are large and include many areas of the brain that do not have a precisely known function. Therefore, when a seizure begins in these areas, there may be no symptoms until it spreads to some other areas. Moreover, it might spread to most of the brain, causing tonic clonic seizure. When areas that control movement called motor areas are affected, abnormal movements occur on the opposite side of the body as a result. Seizures beginning in motor areas can cause weakness and inability to use certain muscles, such as the muscles that allow patient to speak. Sometimes a person remains fully aware during a frontal lobe seizure, while having wild movements of arms and legs. Because of their strange nature, frontal lobe seizures can be misdiagnosed as non-epileptic seizures, which they are definitely not. You could also know that complex partial seizures, during which the person is not aware, also may begin in the frontal lobes. Complex partial seizures beginning in the frontal lobe tend to be shorter than ones that start in the temporal lobe.