Hi. I had a seizure most recently. It was awful and scary. Suddenly I coudn`t breath, my vision has changed, and my chest were in pain. It took a minute or two before the seizure has stopped. I was diagnosed with partial complex seizures. I would like to know what could be the cause of my problem? What is my prognosis?

Hi. Partial complex seizures occur at people of any age. However, they are quite uncommon among very young children. Partial complex seizures are caused by abnormal electrical activity in your brain. The most common cause of partial complex seizures is a brain damage. When a specific area of your brain has been damaged by trauma, tumors, lack of oxygen or brain lesions, it can cause partial complex seizures. My child suffers from partial complex seizures too. His doctor told me death or permanent brain damage is very rare. However, this may happen if the seizure lasts longer, or if you suffer many seizures, one after each other.