When I was baby I went into convulsions that stemmed from a virus and a high temperature. At the age of 10 I began having complex partial seizures. Those are progressively getting worse, until the age of 20. I had an operation and now I feel better, actually I am currently trying to reduce my medications. Now I want to know are there chances that my child will develop epilepsy, is it hereditary.

I guess that what you have experienced was febrile seizure. That is common to infants and children between 6 months and 5 years of age. I have to say it does have a strong tendency to be inherited. Anyway, it is generally regarded as a benign condition. Usually it takes the form of a single seizure, which occurs as temperature rises. Except for a presumed genetic relationship with benign epilepsy of childhood, the risk of developing epilepsy in later life is little greater than the general population. I cant’s know now if your later seizures were represented with a complex febrile convulsions. Those are focal seizure, prolonged, or repeated seizures as an infant increasing your risk of epilepsy as an adult. Or maybe your problem was an underlying abnormality present from birth. In both cases, I think this should not deter you from having children.