Hello! My school friend suffers from partial comples seizures, and once he even had a seizure at school. I was wondering how these partial seizures differ from the general seizures. Are there any treatments that can stop them from happening?

Hi! A partial complex seizure is a brief and temporary alteration in brain function. It is caused by abnormal electrical activity in a specific, discrete area of the brain. The most common cause is when a specific area of the brain has been damaged by lack of oxygen, trauma, brain tumors, or discrete brain lesions of any sort. That is why it is called partial. A person who has a seizure experiences a change in alertness or awareness, behavioral or emotional symptoms, and temporary loss of memory. Ofcourse there are many medications that are used now to prevent seizures from happening but their effectiveness differ from one person to another.

hi im having the feeling like im going to have a seizure, i recently had one from overdosing on tramadol (ultrum), i was wondering if there was anything i could do to get rid of the feelings that i am having?

What kind of feelings are you having now? An anxiety or something else?
Was this the first time you experienced it and how would you describe your seizure?

I had an EEG video monitoring after my first seizure to determine what had happened and what to do next! Have you?