My husband has been having spells that begin with a warning. He usually sits down. Sometimes during this time he is looking at me but when I call his name he doesn’t answer, he just stares and makes odd mouth movements. And when it is all over, he asks a lot of questions and he is tired and goes to sleep. From what I read I think he has been experiencing complex partial lobe seizures.

Yes, it sounds like he does. Complex partial seizures start in the frontal lobe. The seizures tend to be shorter than the ones from the temporal lobe. The frontal lobe is also more likely to include automatisms like bicycling movements of the legs or pelvic thrusting. These seizures quickly involve other areas of the brain that affect alertness and awareness. So even though the person's eyes are open and they may make movements that seem to have a purpose, in reality "nobody's home” and other people may think the person is just daydreaming.