I was in the icu because of a head injury and was told I had a seizure fit. Does that mean I had multiple seizures? And If so what types are there and what happens during each kind. I don;t even remember having a seizure. I was told I collapsed and went unconscious, Is that even a siezure? And can I have more random seizures because of that one? Please respond because I am a litle worried.

Hi guest,

I do think you had a seizure.

There are many types: tonic (muscles tense), atonic (muscles give way), clonic (jerking arms/leg), tonic-clonic (this is what most people think as a seizure, they get tense, then lose consciousness and jerk around), myoclonic (little jerks or tremors) and more.

Seizures are common after a head injury.  In some cases they do reoccur.  Check with your doctor.

Seizure fit is a generic term and may/may not mean multiple seizures.

Hope it helps.

Thank's medic-dan, but the doctors told me i had a seizure. and he told me i had a seizure fit. what does it mean to have a seizure fit? and if it's not too much trouble could you tell me the types of seizures and what happens during each kind. I haven't asked because I am awake at night and barley any nurses or doctors are near when i wake so i can't really ask, i am still in the icu becasue of the seizures. Well i was told i collapsed before the seizure, i was a little out of it when i typed the original message. The collapse had nothing to do with the seizure. But could you tell me ? I would very much appreciate it so i can know the kind i had and will give me somehting to do when i wake late at night. Please can someone tell me?

These are just some of the types of seizures and what happens in each.

Tonic - muscles get tense, pull in.  
Atonic - muscles give way, loss of muscle tone.
Clonic - jerking arms/legs, convulsions.
Tonic-Clonic - this is what most people think of as a seizure.  Muscles get tense, you lose consciousness, drop, and jerk around.
Myoclonic - little jerks or tremors.

Seizure fit may or may not mean multiple seizures.

this it the last question i will ask. i heard there is a thing called a silen t seizure. it that where you just lay there and have a seizure with out moving, while unconscious or is that not even a real thing?

Yes, there are silent or absence seizures.  There is no movement, you basically stop responding.  It's kind of like you just aren't there.

Thanks Medic-Dan, you helped me a lot more than you know. I am sorry for repeating questions because I was a little out of it while in the icu because I was on meds. And i'm sorry for misreading one of your responses and I thought you said somehitn different then what you did say. I just wanted to thank you again for helping me and to thank you for bearing with me while i was a little out of it. It took me a while to respond becasue I had another seizure and then got out of the ICU and had to settle in. One more time, Thanks.

Hi guest,

I'm glad to have helped and very glad that you are out of the ICU.

Keep us posted as to your recovery.

Best of luck, Dan