Hi.. So heres the thing i just realized i started my period after not having it last month all i got was spotting for 5 hours but that was it the problem is that im confused because me and my boyfriend just had unprotected sex the last 2 days before i got my period is there a possibility that i could be pregnant ? Should i wait a while before i decide to get on birth control ?

Hi Jasmin,

It's unlikely that you'd get pregnant having sex two days before your period.  The egg would not have been viable.

Normally you'd ovulate between days 11-16 of your cycle.  48 hours after ovulation the egg isn't able to be fertilized.  You'd have been at about day 26 of your cycle.

If your period appears "normal" then it is unlikely you are pregnant. 

Hope it helps.

Okay yeah this helps but is it okay to start on birth control now or should i wait a while to begin getting on it ?

Talk to your doctor about the birth control. Depending upon which one you use it can change when you can start taking it for it to be effective.

Dear Jasmin, 

There is nothing to worry about, you are not pregnant you cant know after that short period, it usually takes a lot longer.
as for your period delays, there could be a hundred of reasons. one of them is stress and the other is related to your nutrition and sleeping patterns or there is the physical reasons 

well, dont stress yourself out. no need to take birth control pills.. just practice safe sex next time

ps: having your period is a good indicator that you're simply not pregnant :) cause if you were period wont have shown up :) 

have a nice and safe life.. cheers  

Can i b pregnant by beening on top his sperm got in me then he told me to get up i pulled most of it out and took a bath am i pregnant

Please remember to use condoms, being pregnate should be the least of your worries. also get vaccinated against HPV. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule.pdf