i started my period three days ago on the first day of my period (which i didnt bleed at all) i had unprotected sex with my fiance ... could i be pregnant, would it effect this period im having now or will i have signs in another month when my next period should come, im on the pill and it was the first time we had ever had unprotected sex .... i really need to know because i dont want to go to the doctors about it

Hi Jamie,

It is unlikely you'd conceive having sex during your period, especially having sex early in your period.  It really depends upon when you ovulate.  You had sex on day 1 of your cycle. Normally you'd ovulate between days 11-16 of your cycle.  Sperm can live about 5 days, so having after about day 6 could result in pregnancy...BUT if you are taking your pill regularly it is also very unlikely you'd get pregnant.  Birth control is a form of protection, you are having "protected sex."

It would not change this period.  Conception is not immediate.

It's very unlikely that you are pregnant.

Hope it helps.