Hello everyone. So I am really into every heart disease, maybe because a lot of people around me have those problems :/ I was reading something last night about congenital heart condition. Actually, I was reading something about symptoms of it. I found that one of the symptoms, one of the indicator of this disease can be leg pain.

Can you tell me is this true? I am worried and I need to know because my mom has constant leg pain, all the time. But she doesn’t want to visit the doctor because she believes that this is not a big deal :/

Hi.
Congenital heart condition is one of the most common type of heart disease but of course there are so many other conditions that affect the heart. I totally understand why you are so worried about your mom. I mean, every mom is hardhead. Mine as well. I don’t know how to force her anymore to go to the treatment. I think that I was reading that this disease occurs when the arteries that supply blood to the arms and legs become very…hm…narrow? So yes, signs and symptoms does include leg pain, numbness and swelling in the ankles and feet as well.

Hey everyone. This is my problem as well but I am handling it fine so far. Usually a lot of congenital heart condition doesn’t have any signs and symptoms. I didn’t have them at least. Do you know how my doctor find out that I have it? During the simple physical exam that I needed to do at my work. But definitely you should pay more attention if you have rapid breathing, blush tint to the skin, your lips and even your fingernails. Poor blood circulation also can be symptom of it. About your question and leg pain, it depends of continental heart defect type. But definitely this disease can cause leg pain.

Hey there.

I am so glad because I found this topic.

You know why? Because my boyfriend’s mom asked me exactly the same thing. To cut long story short, she is having leg pain and like she told me some leg “abnormality” that she can’ describe.

So I believe that your case, MakeMeCoffe is very similar to mine :/ I really hope that someone in here will be able to tell us more about this. Everything that I do know that congenital heart condition can describe a lot of different problems that are affecting heart. And one more question – is it true that congenital heart disease can occurs at birth?

Hey there. I don’t know exactly how leg pain is connected with congenital heart condition. All that I do know about this disease is that this is just another way to say that your heart had problem in its structure as soon as you were born. Nobody can’t tell you the real cause. Maybe you have those small holes in your heart or something other.

This is very serious condition but it is a good news that it can be treated with surgery. The good news is that doctors can find these problems during pregnancy.

But I am not so sure what leg pain has to do with it.