Hi. I'm 28 years old and I'm very frightened now because few days ago I have discovered that I suffer from syphilis. I had no visible manifestation of it before.
But, I'm not worried about me as much I'm worried about my unborn child.
Just before I found out that I suffer from syphilis I took some home pregnancy tests and found out that I am pregnant.
I'm now in my first month of pregnancy and I don’t know what to do. I would like to keep a baby but I don’t know will my disease affect it?

Well, I can point you on some details about congenital syphilis which we are talking about.
You should know that syphilis is transmissible through placenta. Congenital syphilis is a severe, disabling, and often life-threatening condition for the infant.
Nearly half of all children infected with syphilis during gestation die shortly before or after birth.
Infants who survive develop early-stage and late-stage symptoms of syphilis, if not treated.
So, if your child survives the birth it will develop some terrible symptoms like rash at the junction of the skin and mucus membranes of the mouth, genitalia and anus, blindness, and deafness.
So, my suggestion for you is, because you are in the early stadium of pregnancy, abortion is maybe the best option.