Hey guys! Is there any possibility that you can tell me what is Acyanotic defect and what are the symptoms of it? Now you will probably think that I am crazy but my friend (who I like) canceled me a trip that we supposed go together. He told me that he is feeling bad and that he can't go. I was thinking that this will go away but he called me again and told me that he has Acyanotic heart defect - if I have understand it well. It is not that I don't trust him, but can you tell me what is Acyanotic heart defect and what are its symptoms??

Hi Guest,

The term acyanotic heart defect is not specific.  There are many types.  Some are congenital - you are born with them.  Others can develop later in life.

We need more information.

Symptoms vary but often include shortness of breath.

Good day there guest.

An acyanotic heart defect is also known as non  -cyanotic heart defect in the profestional terms. That is a class of congenital heart defects that can happen to you. During these condition, your  blood flows from the left side of the heart to the right side of the heart due to a structural defect (hole) in the interventricular septum. People with this problem  often retain normal levels of oxyhemoglobin saturation in systemic circulation. About the symptoms, there are some of them that you can expect to have:

• Shortness of breath
  • Congested cough
  • Diaphoresis
  • Fatigue
  • Frequent respiratory infections
  • Machine-like heart murmur
  • Tachycardia
  • Tachypnea. 

Good day everyone. Sure I can give you more information, at least I can give you what I know. I don't think that this is congenital in his case. I am pretty sure that this has developed in during his life because he was always healthy. He told me that he had shortness of breath and palpitations as well. Occasionally, to be precise. Other symptoms - well he was mentioned me that he is swelling a lot and that sometimes his heart beats much more faster than usual. That is basically all that I do know.
Any other information that you can tell me? Thank you!

Good day folks. My friend Samantha is diagnosed with acyanotic heart defect. She noticed this when she had symptoms so basically you need to feel those symptoms when they start to happen. It is well known that this type of heart defects produce their effects and symptoms through abnormal shunting of blood and alterations in pulmonary blood flow. Symptoms that can occur to you are shortness of breath, sharp pain in your chests, nauseous, you are feeling like you are going to faint etc. And also I have to agree totally with medic dan about this. You gave us some information but I think that i am not the right person to answer on it. 

Hi everyone,

I don't really think that there is a way to develop this during your life. Sorry for saying this, but I think that you are wrong, Medic Dan, these acyanotic heart defects are congenital heart diseases and this guy's doctors should have figured out that there is something wrong with his heart as soon as he was born.

There is this option, that it was completely mild in the past and showed no signs whatsoever, but now he started to show signs because it maybe became a bit more dangerous and the hole in his heart became a little bigger. 

Hi everyone,

Well, I asked my friend who is a doctor if this thing is congenital or not and he said that he is positive that it is, it is something that you are definitely born with.

There are numerous types of congenital heart defects. They can range from simple conditions that don’t cause symptoms to complex problems that cause severe, life-threatening symptoms. I sure do hope that your friend is going to have a mild one that isn't going to be dangerous or leave any consequences behind. 

What can i say, try and be there for him if you like him as you say you do.

Hi everyone,

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are currently 1 million adults and 1 million children in the United States living with congenital heart defects. Treatments and follow-up care for defects have improved drastically over the past few decades, so nearly all children with heart defects survive into adulthood. Some need continuous care for their heart defect throughout their lives. However, many go on to have active and productive lives despite their condition. It all comes down to how serious his condition is, Guest. He might be just fine and he might also be in life danger.

Many doctors classify congenital heart disease as either cyanotic congenital heart disease or acyanotic congenital heart disease. In both types, the heart isn’t pumping blood as efficiently as it should. The main difference is that cyanotic congenital heart disease causes low levels of oxygen in the blood, and acyanotic congenital heart disease doesn’t. Babies with reduced oxygen levels may experience breathlessness and a bluish tint to their skin. Babies who have enough oxygen in their blood don’t display these symptoms, but they may still develop complications later in life, such as high blood pressure. (I'm talking about babies because this is usually first notices in babies, since it is a congenital defect).

Thank you Alan. I worded it poorly.

Sometimes symptoms show up immediately after birth and at other times they may take longer to show. In most cases symptoms show as a newborn and others take longer to show.

The term acyanotic heart defect by itself is non-specific. It's like saying you have a virus.