Hello everyone.

I never have heard about eisenmenger syndrome until my mother in law was diagnosed with it. She is now in the hospital. Doctor told us that she is feeling just fine and that they are trying to find the best treatment option for her. When they do that, they will let her to go home.

I don’t know anything about this syndrome and I really want to know what are signs and symptoms of Eisenmenger syndrome and can you tell me what are the treatment options?

My husband is extremely worried.

Any information will be useful just to calm him down…

Hey there. I am sorry about your mother in law. I really hope that she will be fine. Eisenmenger syndrome refers to any untreated congenital cardiac defect with intracardiac communication that leads to pulmonary hypertension.

Symptoms usually do not occur until age 20 to 40 so I understand now why this happened to your mother in law. Symptoms usually include cyanosis, syncope, fatigue, chest pain, palpitations, atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, etc.

I really don’t want to scare you but it can be very dangerous because it can lead to so many other diseases. I am not sure what are the best treatment options.

Eisenmenger syndrome is a condition that affects blood flow from the heart to the lungs in some people who are born with structural problems of the heart.

Symptoms of this syndrome are:

• blush lips,
  • blush fingers,
  • blush skin,
  • chest pain,
  • dizziness,
  • fainting,
  • you can feel tired,
  • you can feel shortness of breath,
  • stroke,
  • swelling,
  • etc.

People with those symptoms may have blood removed from the body to reduce the number of red blood cells and then to receive fluids to replace the lost blood.

That is one way of the treatment.

Hi there.

I was talking to one of my friends today about this syndrome and she started telling me that there is some type of transplantation in the case of this disease. What kind of transplantation? Was she telling me the truth?

Now, I also have heard that there are some possible complications during the treatment and during this disease. If there are some of them can you tell me what they are?

I don't know how to help my husband, he is coming at my place everyday telling me some new and terrifying things about this disease. 

Help us. 

Hey there.
I remember that I was reading about this as well and I saw that there are some possibilities for the transplantation if you see that some things are not going in the good direction. But generally I think that you don't need to be scared because I am sure that doctor keeps that under the control generally.
There is always a chance to have some complications during the treatment while you are treating yourself from this disease. Side - effects are totally normal, but I also want to tell you that you should not listen what other people are telling you. Just listen to your doctor, please.

Hello everyone. I know a lot about this disease because my son was diagnosed with it a few years ago. It was really tough time for all of us. He had some surgery and his recovery process was OK, but it was really slow. I guess that this is the way how it should be. He never needed any transplantation and doctors never told me about this possibility. I guess that in some really serious cases transplantation is needed. Medications won't cause any danger to you, but they can cause side - effects and you can feel terrible. Good luck and I hope that everything is going to be ok.