Hello all.

I have a question about my friend. He is 30 years old. He has always been strong, I mean physically. I remember even when we were kids. If we would hang out with someone who has been infected with some kind of virus, chances are I am getting it the next day. But not he. His immune system was always great and I could never imagine him having heart problems at such an early age.

He has now been told that he has an inoperable heart condition. Do you have any tips on how to live with this condition?

Hey there. Your friend is very young and I am very sorry to hear this. It is hard heart condition. I think that it is very important one thing – do not give up. It doesn’t matter is your condition that hard or not. Your friend can have normal and quality life. There are so many minimally invasive techniques, redo operation approaches, intensive care protocols that can help your fiend. But I think that surgery is very dangerous. It is high risk surgery but it can help even the sickest patients. It can restore great, quality life for your friend. Good luck!

Good day there.

I am really surprised because he was always healthy with good immune system and he has inoperable heart condition.

A lot of people are wondering – what is that that makes it inoperable? It can be inoperable for several reasons. Unfortunately I don’t have some good advice for you and your friend, I can’t tell you how to live with this condition. But I know that he can’t give up. He should ask doctors and the surgeon to explain him a little more about this and to answer on some questions.

I don’t know anyone with this condition :/

Hey. It is very hard to tell because heart failure is very serious illness and it affects both – quality life and life span. The same thing is with patients who are diagnosed with inoperable heart condition. I really don’t know how I would deal with it. I remember that my neighbor, older lady Samantha had this issue and she was really nervous because doctors didn’t know exactly what to do with her. But she was older.

Now, I know that some cardiologist recommend a new laser bypass procedure that us used to treat inoperable heart disease and it is especially helpful for patients with persistent chest pain.

My friend has Inoperable coronary microvascular disease and I know that she uses this black box every day. It is called TENS which is short for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.

She attaches these sticky little electrode pads on her skin, on the place where her heart is.  Those pads are of course placed under her clothes. And she hides the wires under her clothes too. It seems like she really doesn’t want them to be seen by anyone. Don’t know why.

Anyway, this little thing helps her, it involves electrical impulses and it treats angina in patients like her. It’s the size of a Smartphone.

I’ve seen that before. A woman I know used it and I always wondered what does she use it for. But I didn’t know her very well so it felt a bit awkward to just come and ask her.
But I assumed it has something to do with that. She seemed like a very healthy woman. I used to see her at my friend’s house all the time, she was a stylist, she picked the furniture and rearranged their whole apartment after they’ve moved in. She really did not seem sick at all.
I was really surprised when my friend told me that she has a heart condition.

I don’t know anyone with this condition but I do know a few things about it. As far as I know, these people can live a quality life with the appropriate treatment.

I’ve also heard about TENS. And there is also this therapy that is sometimes used to temporarily treat the pain that this disease causes. It is a nerve block procedure and it is called SGB as in astellate ganglion block.

This therapy includes an injection of local anesthetic. It is supposed to block the sympathetic nerves located in the neck. This might reduce pain symptoms of intractable angina for several months. 

Hi. My friend has this condition. Like someone in here already told you, you can live quality with this condition. No bigger problems with him so I believe that this condition is not that hard, but it is not rare as well. I haven’t heard about TENS and I am glad that I have found this site, so I can tell him about it. About the therapy I know that my friend had some really “weird” therapy and he told me that this therapy is definitely complicated and harder than surgery. But he never wanted to go to the surgery.

I sure wasn’t expecting so much feedback. Thank you all.

I’ve talked to my friend yesterday. He is a bit nervous. Actually a lot nervous and anxious. I guess he is just not used to being sick.

He has been to the doctor once since the last time I have seen him. He says that the doctor told him that his condition is not as serious as it can be. Supposedly it can be managed without interfering with the quality of his life.

Now I don’t know if that is really true or the doctor told him that just to calm him down.