Hi everyone,

I need your help, and I need someone to tell me that I'm overreacting, that I'm not right and that everything is going to be okay.

I'm usually always scared for my health and I visit my doctor once a week or even more often if I think that there is a need for it. Just yesterday, my face felt numb and I thought I was having a stroke. I have been having jaw pain that comes for a second, when I googled it, it said that it is a symptom of heart failure. I don't know if this is just one of my panic attacks, but I am so scared.

Hi Guest,

You seriously need to calm down. Since you already know that you are having panic attacks, why aren't you doing anything about this?

You're right that a heart attack can (very rarely) manifest as jaw pain, but that kind of pain definitely doesn't come just for a second (I'm a former nurse). It gets steadily worse, spreads to your chest and then you collapse. I realize you're scared, but it's obvious you haven't collapsed.

So I think that your heart isn't really going to fail, but you should try and look for something that will help you with your panic attacks.

Hi you two,

Health n Joy is right, first of all, you need to calm down. 

Do you feel anxious, do you have anxiety? The numbness in your face happens at quite low levels in some anxiety states, without you realizing you're doing it. It can also cause numbness, tingling and even stiffness in the hands.

If nothing that we say doesn't help (which sometimes happens with people with panic attacks), go talk to your doctor and make him let you do some tests in order to determine if you are prone to heart failure, but I could bet that you aren't.

Hi everyone,

Guest, you are not right, you are overreacting and everything is going to be just fine.

You have a problem with panic attacks, not with your heart. When it comes to panic attacks, they can make you think that you have every disease whose name you can remember, your brain can even mimic the symptoms of that disease only because you are so assured that you have it. So it is very important for you to try and stay calm, if you can't do it all by yourself, there are some medications which could help you, you can ask your doctor about these.

Hi guys,

Like Alan told you above, you are going to be just fine Guest, don't you worry about it.

My boyfriend is struggling with anxiety, I know how hard it can be. It is not easy at all, especially not if you are fighting this thing alone. Anxiety is definitely causing your panic attacks which are making you think that your heart is going to fail, that you are going to have a stroke or something. There are a lot of people out there complaining about the same thing, some of them are even visiting their doctors only to end up with tablets with placebo effect.

Hi everybody,

I don't agree with you two above, it doesn't mean 100 percent that her heart is not going to fail, she might really have symptoms of it, or, even if she is imagining it, you understand that she has the power to make it happen, there were reports of people who thought they were having a heart attack, they were constantly talking about it and they eventually had one.

I think that you should talk to your doctor about this, Guest. I know that you can't do much when you get a panic attack, but at least try to talk to your doctor.

Hello there. I totally understand what you are telling us. I know because when I had my first heart attack I was really scared. This panic is really awful because it literally can destroy your life. I started to panic when I went to the hospital after my first heart attack and since that day I was panicking all the time. My family just could not stand me even if they did understand me.

I can tell you from my own experience that you really need to calm down because the stress can cause a lot of damage to your health. I needed more than 2 months to understand it.

Hey there. Look, the patients who suffer from any panic attacks or panic disorders may have a much higher risk of heart attack and some other heart diseases as well. It is known that panic disorder is estimated to affect more than 6 million adults only in the USA. Women are more likely to develop this condition than men. Well, people with panic disorder usually start to have feelings of intense fear and lose control. They are feeling bad, they start to sweat and they can’t breathe. It can lead to the heart attack and in this case you need to try to control yourself, you need to calm down. Ask someone to be with you.

Hey.

Having a panic attacks can’t lead to nothing good generally.  Actually, that is anxiety. The connection between anxiety and heart disease has not been that good explained but everyone are saying that the connection is obvious.

Actually, anxiety disorders can play a major role in heart diseases and if you don’t try to control it, it can be very bad for your heart.

Panic attacks do have a lot of connection with heart diseases. I know that it is hard and I do know that everyone is telling you that you need to calm down. But trust me, that it the only option.

No, you don’t overreact. My mom had the same problems. One time, this has happened to her and she didn’t know if she is having panic attack or heart attack. And this can be really bad and confusing for everyone – for her and for us around her. Mental health professionals will explain that panic attacks are a period of intense fear in which defined symptoms develop peak rapidly, usually less than 10 minutes. In that 10 minutes everything can happen. Tnx God my mom was just having a panic attack, but we all were really scared. Try to control yourself in those situations. That is the only cure.