Hello. I'm 24 year old female and in few months I will become a young mother. This is my first child and to be honest with- I'm really looking forward to it. These last couple of months I'm reading everything I got about embryology and I've came to the conclusion that it is better not to know these things. Now, I'm scared as hell what could happen to my child.
I'm not afraid of these congenital diseases because most of them could be diagnosed before the birth, but I'm afraid of those who show only later in childhood! For example- Gigantism! You can't diagnose it while I'm pregnant! Can someone tell me more about this!

Hello. You have developed one type of syndrome that almost every pregnant woman develop before the birth.
Reading about all these possible malformation will do you no good! It is only useful to know what risk factors is best to avoid!
Gigantism is an excessive secretion of growth hormone during childhood due to a pituitary gland tumor or some underlying medical condition. All this is causing overgrowth of the long bones and very tall stature. What's good about it- it is extremely rare condition with incidence of 3-4 cases per million people.
Treatment include surgical removal of pituitary gland and hormonal therapy!