I just found out that one of my friends has syphilis. I am worried about this because I’ve been seeing her very often. We are not dating, but we do have sex and kissing sometimes. I know that is STD, but can she infect me by kissing? I don’t know what I supposed to do now. Stop seeing her? I like her.

Try not to have sexual contact with her and stop with kissing also. Syphilis can be transmitted during kissing, anal, vaginal sex and oral genital contact. The bacteria, that cause syphilis, can enter the body by penetrating the mucous membranes or any small cracks in the skin. She obviously wasn’t taking care of her self. She can infect you. I hope she is on the treatment now. Tell her that syphilis is effectively treated with penicillin and antibiotics. Remind her about condoms and other stuff.