Hi. I`m 31 yo and newly diagnosed with myositis. My immune system is now unable to tell the difference between its own tissues and antigens, and it makes auto-antibodies against its tissues. Anyway, my diagnosis is dermatomyositis, but fear that I have lupus. Would like to know what are the early symptoms of dematomyositis? I think my diagnosis is wrong and will ask for a second opinion. I have some difficulties walking and moving generally.

Hi. I was also newly diagnosed, only with polymyositis and know that both diseases are very rare. Talking about my luck. The early symptoms can vary, but the most common symptom is muscular weakness. This weakness results in difficulty in walking, lying down, getting up… Other symptoms are depression and a general feeling of misery. Polymyositis and dermatomyositis affect people of any age, but the adult form of a disease is bad - kids can make a complete recovery.