Hey there,

Is there anyone here who is maybe suffering from anxiety and panic attacks like me and who is having constant hunger? At first I didn't know that my constant hunger was caused by anxiety, I thought that it was just a phase and that it will pass but when I spoke about it with my friend, he told me that it is most likely that anxiety is causing it and that it won't go away. Is this true? Well, if it isn't going to go away, can anyone tell me if there is anything that I can do about it?

You can start working on your anxiety, of course, I think that the best way to fight this would be to start exercising. Anxiety doesn't work in the same way on everyone suffering from it: some people feel constant hunger while others completely lose their appetite. Since your problem is constant hunger, I think that jogging or running would be the best thing for you. Exercising can generally help you fight your anxiety and you are going to feel awesome after it, you just need to start, that is the hardest part, but once you've managed to start, you are half way there to overcoming your anxiety.

I love eating but I don't know if this is really making you eat too much. This is why people suffering from anxiety tend to gain weight pretty fast. 

You can listen to what Deni told you and start running, that is a really good advice. Other than that, you can talk to your doctor in order to set an appointment with a psychologist. It is not recommended to treat anxiety and depression without the help from a psychologist because even if you manage to treat it without him, you will not know the cause of your anxiety so it might come back again.

I know that I am being a pain now but I am not fit enough for exercising and I don't really feel like starting now because I know that it is going to be difficult, there is no way I could convince myself to start exercising. 

On the other hand, I never really thought about talking to a psychologist but if you guys think that it would help me, I am going to do it. When I think about it, I do need someone to talk to, I am desperate for someone who I can just sit with and talk to, you know.

I totally understand what you are saying! I think that I can eat everything and anything from my fridge and sometimes I feel that this is not enough. I know that anxiety and panic attack affect people differently, but I never believed that this is going to affect me this way. Because of this, I am gaining my weight constantly and I can say that I am really fat right now. Whatever I do, it doesn't work. I even started to follow some diet programs to lose weight and it was ok for three days...The next day I started to eat everything that is around me - pizza, burger, chocolate, pasta, everything! So this is just one of the side - effect of anxiety and panic attacks.

Hi there. I know a lot of cases.

Tnx God, I never had problems with it because I always struggle with my pounds. I don't know what would happen to me in this case. 

Appetite and appetite problems are very normal part of anxiety and panic attacks.  That happens because all stress has the potential to affect appetite, and only a doctor can tell you if your eating issues are caused by anxiety. You can't just woke up one morning and tell yourself that you have problem with appetite because of anxiety. But, on the other hand, if you're suffering from anxiety symptoms, there is no doubt that your appetite is affected somehow. 

Definitely it can affect your appetite. Some people are eating more, while other people are eating less. It all can be connected with anxiety. 

It is well known why this happens.  Anyway, some people go straight to food when they're stressed, when they are dealing with panic attacks or anxiety attacks as well. This is because when some people eat  they usually experience a flood of positive neurotransmitters - brain chemicals that cause them to feel good.  That is why people love to eat in those situations.

It is nothing unusually, but you need to consult your doctor because this needs to stop. It can cause a lot of problems for you. 

My dad started to eat a lot a couple of years ago and he never had problems with it, at all. But when he lost his job he just stopped doing sports and he started to eat everything. It was a bit weird to all of us so I started to read about some symptoms and possible causes of this. Well, then I found some article where it says that anxiety and panic attack that people can have for certain reasons can have this effect. So, I begged him to go to see the doctor. We went together and doctor told him the same thing that I have found on the internet. Doctor told us that this is usually the most common symptom when it comes to anxiety and panic attack. You can eat more or you can stop eating totally.

Hello there. That is totally true. For a lot of the people, appetite problems seem like they should be the least of your concern. But after all, anxiety itself is hard enough to deal and when you have to deal with bigger appetite, especially if you are a lady, this can be a huge problem that can affect your brain a lot.. But both types of appetite issues are a problem - not only for your health, but also for anxiety. The equality is most important, because we do know that eating too much or too little is unhealthy. If you eat too much,you can become overweight, and if you eat too little, you are not giving your body enough nutrients. It is hard to deal with it.