My 6 year old daughter seems to constantly be looking for something to eat. She is hungry a lot of the time, and it seems to be worse after she has had something like spaghetti or other pasta dishes to eat. I'm not sure what to do for her, if I should focus on having her avoid starchy foods including some fruits and vegetables, or what. I must make mention that she isn't inactive or experiencing learning disabilities or weakness in her muscles, all symptoms of Prader-Willi Symdrome, nor is she losing weight or excessively thirsty, symptoms of diabetes. She is over the 95th percentile for her weight, but she has always been a bit larger (she was born at 13 lbs. 5 oz., 23 inches long), so her size isn't a concern; she is active, happy, and otherwise healthy. But I want to help her to be less hungry.
Please, please, if anyone has any suggestions of what I can do or try that doesn't involve a nutritionist, let me know. I welcome any and all advice. Thank you.

Hey sweetheart,
I am sure it is frustrating to find that she are always hungry. When she eats pasta and any type of bread product, try to eat whole wheat. The first ingredient should say whole wheat pasta or whole wheat flour. This way you are getting all of the grain without it being overly processed. The whole grain takes a bit longer to be digested and absorbed; therefore, leaving her full longer. When she eats rice, try long grain rice, and/or wild rice. Short grain white rice is digested and absorbed very quickly leaving her hungry shortly after she has eaten it. Adding fruits and vegetables to any dish will add fiber, which adds bulk in your stomach and intestines. This will leave you with a longer period without hunger. Be sure to drink plenty of water, milk, and 100% fruit juice throughout the day. Aim for at least 2 liters of liquids per day. If her body is dehydrated it may signal a hunger feeling to obtain fluids through the foods she eats. So, be sure to be hydrated!

hope this helps,
Ps : make a food diary - it will help to keep the diet healthy

all my love
kee
xxx