This is the second time that my father has had a constant "vanilla extract" taste in his mouth. The first time was for 4 months in a row and it has now started again. He says that it comes from his saliva. Any ideas where this may be coming from or causing it? He says that everything that he drinks and eats tastes like Vanilla! ???

An update...yesterday my father complained about this "vanilla taste" and this morning he ended up in emergency room with chest pains. He went himself which is almost unheard of from him...going to the doctor. ??????? Anything to do with the taste I wonder???

please this thing you are talking about is also happening to me.please e mail me when u find the answer

I taste vanilla all the time. My doctor told me it wasn't anything to worry about. He said it was cuased by my compacted sinus cavity which caused a wide range of "fun" quirks.

i agree with dental infection 100% . i am going to the dentist in the morning for tooth extraction. but i am investigating posibility of eating fake watermelon . this is a long shot !