Hi:

For the last couple of days whenever I eat something I get a bitter taste in my mouth. It goes away after awhile but then comes back when I eat again. Anyone know what may be causing this and what to do about it.

Sandi

Hey, I'm having that, too. Did yours go away or did you find out the cause?

Lisa

I have had the same thing for 3 days now. No luck yet?

Recently after starting to train for a 1/2 marathon I get a biter taste in my mouth while and shortly after eating. I did stop multi-viatmins before training and now have started again. Still the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm having the same thing, but it just started today, I hope it won't come back tomorrow. I cant enjoy food, its disgusting!

I also have the same thing that started today. I am in New York, i wonder what could cause this? We had some sort of gas leak all over the city, could this be related?

I'm replying to the bitter taste questions. I had the same thing and found a Dutch forum were > 200 people have a bitter taste in the mouth after eating something I don't know the translation for, it would be something like: pain tree pip but I don't know if that makes any sense. This is a "seed" from a pine tree (?) and is commonly used in salads. It can take up to three days after eating for the bitter taste to start and lasts from 2 days till 2 weeks.

I think this have some logic i ate pine seeds this week and since then i have the same feeling of a bitter taste in my mouth whenever i eat.

I served pine nuts with dinner 3 days ago and have now suffered the same symptoms. The translation could be pine nuts!

I ate pine nuts (lots) last week for the first time in years. i have the bitter taste issue (4 days not) and this is the only forum or ref. that I found some similarity in. that must be it!

Sandi, this is occuring with me as well. One meal the food tastes fine, the next I cannot tolerate the taste. Example - Made mushroom soup, my favorite, it tasted too foul so I made a grilled cheese could not eat it too foul, had tried saltine crackers too foul. This foul taste stayed in my mouth for a few additional hours. This is the third time in the last week. One other time it was bbq steak. I have not eaten any pine nuts or other nuts. I do not sufferer from heartburn or have any other symptoms. Any help or suggestions anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to you Sandi

me too, i ate pine nuts about 3 days ago, and now this stupid taste thing wont go away. its getting more and more intense every time i eat something. so annoying!

I have the same issue. I used to eat pine nuts when I was a kid and it never used to happen. Now it just happened to me twice, and I did not realize first time it was connected to pine nuts. Id di eat them about 4 days ago and now I have the bitter taste for 2 days.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Why would the pine nuts be causing this? Were they old pine nuts? Is this a food poisoning? Mine were sitting in the cabinet for a while.

Hi there!
I have been having the same symptons that were described above for the last two days. I had some pine nut mix with walnuts and seeds with breakfast for two days before this bitter taste started. I have been searching the web to find the cause, before going to see my gp, but I am so relieved that it is only due to pine nuts. Does anyone know if it is one particular type of pinenuts that causes this, as I had pine nuts in the past without any side effects. How long does this bitter taste last for?

Hi, really glad I found this site. I was trying to find an answer to the bitter taste feeling whenever I'm eating (especially bread)...and as it happens, I have been eating pine kernels yesterday and the days before. So, thanks a lot.