Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
Hi:

For the last day and a half, anytime I finish eating something I get a bitter taste in my mouth. It doesn't last very long, maybe 15min or longer, and I don't have it when I'm not eating. I know I need some dental work done (haven't been to the dentist for about 1 1/2 years), but I didn't know if it was dental related or could be the sign of something more serious.

Your help would be appreciated.

Sandi G

I have the same exact thing, however it doesnt last quite as long. Mine only lasts a few seconds, but also happens when I am not eating.

I'm experience the same thing for the past few day. Did you get any answers as to what this may mean?

I read about it on internet that it can be pine tree pits who cause this. Normal it lasts for 5 to 10 days

Pine nuts ... in fact I have eaten them lately, must be cause and time to apparently give them up. I have also this bitter taste after eating or drinking and it lasts for a short time, described above as the 10-15 minutes. I get it with everything coffee, food, doesn't matter. Blech.

I also have a bitter taste in my mouth after eating. I ate some pine nuts about a week ago. Glad to have identified the prolem! Who would have thought!

Guest wrote:

I found this forum after experiencing this same problem. After any mouthful of food or drink i experienced bitterness in my mouth which would stay for about 30mins.
Last week/Start of this week i ate some Pine nuts!
Glad i know what caused it and i hope it goes away soon!

Like the rest of you I have had a bitter taste every time I eat or drink for the last couple of days and yes, I too ate pine nuts a few days ago. Often eat them on pizzas and haven't had a problem. These were from a new bag and I dry roasted them.

Hi all

What a great little web site! I'm soooooo relived that I have identified the cause of the horrible bitter taste I am experiencing after food or drink.
I too ate pine nuts for the first time in ages - I cooked a recipe with them in 2 days ago, and also ate my last handfull raw at breakfast thismorning!!!...minutes before thinking to look on the web.
Any suggestions as to how to speed up the elimination of this nasty taste???

I tried pine nuts for the first time this week and have been suffering the same symptoms that you write about - bitter taste on back of tongue that disappears after a while but comes back when eating/drinking, dry mouth/lips. I have been going frantic thinking I might be diabetic or worse. Anyway the nuts have been despatched to the bin and hopefully my mouth will get back to normal soon. Thanks for the information, you have really put my mind at rest :-)

Danny

I'm experiencing the bitter taste, and yes, I had pine nuts. But I had them on Saturday night, and the bitter taste turned up on Tuesday. Is that logical? And how long has it taken people to get over the bitter taste? Can anyone let me know?

Thanks :-) ?

me too! wonder what it is in the nuts that causes it. The nuts i have eaten have a pine resiny aftertaste.Wonder if its the resin?

My family and I went to Santa Fe this weekend. I ate some vanilla fudge covered in pine nuts, the pine nuts were stale ,but I ate them anyway. That was Tuesday afternoon, by Thursday morning I poured my cereal into a bowl and took a bite!!! Yuk!!! Bitter,Bitter,Bitter! What was going on. Well it is Sunday and the bitter taste is still there, I'm hoping it will end soon!

I can't believe pine nuts could do this! But I got on the internet trying to investigate this strange bitter taste I've been getting, saw this thread and sure enough I just bought a bottle of dry roasted pine nuts. I've only had them on foods at restaurants before and was thrilled to find them at the store. I've been putting them on all sorts of food this week at home. Won't buy them again, this taste is awful!

Bizarre. I have been experiencing a bitter, almost soapy taste in my mouth for the last 2 1/2 days. I Googled "bitter taste in mouth" and came across this forum.

I bought some pine nuts a few weeks ago to make a pesto sauce. I tried a small handful on Sunday and the next day I noticed a strange taste whenever I ate food, and for about 30 minutes afterwards. I'm hoping that this will go away eventually.