My uncle is about to undergo an anterior cervical discectomy and he keeps talking about the pain he isn’t going to stand and bear. One of his friends was telling him about how much pain he was after his surgery and now my uncle wants to know what sort of pain he could experience after his surgery! Is there anybody who could share their experience with me and tell me about the ways they managed to control the pain they felt! Thank you

Controling pain after the surgery is actually very important, because without pain a patient can start walking, do breathing exercises and expect faster recovery rates. Controlling pain also reduces the risk of developing complications after surgery. Pain that can be felt after the surgery doesn’t necessarily imply the incision sites but can be felt in areas that had nothing to do with the surgery. A person can experience muscle pain-in the shoulders, back or chest from the operating table, or movement pain when a person starts sitting up, coughing and walking. Doctors and their stuff are the ones who will help with pain management. According to patients’ health condition, they will advice adequate treatment.