I have heard there is found some alternative procedure to relieve herniated disc back pain. My cousin told me this procedure is known as microendoscopic discectomy. He has experience with this to treat his chronic, painful condition that can cause bursts of pain in the lower back. He told me it really works and he recommended me to try this. Can you tell me more about microendoscopic discectomy?

Micro endoscopic discectomy is a minimally invasive procedure that offers several advantages to traditional open surgery. Here is included a shorter recovery time, patients are able to go home hours after the procedure, and outpatient setting for procedure. This procedure is also less invasive, as there is no damage to muscle, bone or soft tissue. Which is important to nowadays-busy man is a faster return to work. One of the biggest advantages of microendoscopic discectomy is muscle tissue is simply moved out of the way instead of cutting the muscle and retracting it. In general, this results in less pain for the patient, which is definitely something we all are looking for. An endoscopic procedure requires only a small incision, which allows a physician to insert a scope into the site of repair. The scope provides the surgeon the ability to view the affected disc on a monitor and guide instruments through tube to repair. Only the ruptured portion of the disc, which is causing the nerve to be pinched, will be removed. Once the portion is removed, area is cleared, which allows the nerve to move into its normal position, which brings the pain out.